• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH pro-SYG petition

strangenh

NES Member
PGNH member Jane Aitken put up a petition to support keeping NH duty-to-retreat free. She did it in response to a petition to put retreat back into the law. Good on her!

It's here: SignOn.org - Keep Stand Your Ground in NH

Please sign, especially if you are in NH!

Ok, that said, let's talk about the obvious...

Yeah, someone had a "social smarts failure" - she put it up on a site run by MoveOn (SignOn) that requires you to accept being on MoveOn's email list. It is easy to unsubscribe, but you know some people won't touch that with a 10' Ethernet cable. If you can stand to go there, please do, sign the petition, then unsub yourself.

Now, let's talk about the poor decision that (obviously) is going to limit support for the petition.

Apparently, some people went a little overboard and alleged she put it there with bad intent (kind of silly, but even "our people" can be silly), and her response (included in the PGNH alert) was:
Nothing nefarious about using it. Anyone who knows me knows that I would never do anything to gain favor with MoveOn.org but there are always going to be silly people who get their knickers in a knot and start accusing."
Catch that? Rather than move the petition to try to garner as many 'signatures' in support as possible, she doubled down. You would think someone whose agenda was to get as many signatures in support would have wanted even the "silly people" to sign - since the goal is to get supporting signatures... right? Right? Instead, she got her back up, showing her pro-SYG goal is undermined by her pro-Jane agenda.

Ego is our 2nd worst enemy, right behind the gun-banners.

All that said -- If you're a NH resident, please go sign. I understand if you feel you can't or shouldn't because of the site's MoveOn association. That's too bad, but I sure can't blame you.

Hey, thanks guys. I hope we can get past the unfortunate website and ego problems and get the signature count up. I swear we're our own (second) worst enemies in this state.

Petition Not Available
This petition has been taken down.

Well, democracy in action, indeed. Democracy as in "Democratic Party". No pro-gun petitions allowed.
signon_newlogo.png

My wife and I signed it.

I put the petition on 3 different Facebook groups!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom