Non-Resident CCW post-Bruen

So after calling and emailing the MA FRB I FINALLY got a response. Turns out my home state of NJ isn’t returning their calls to complete my background check. They’ve apparently been trying for over 2 months 🙄. Now usually I’d be inclined to believe this excuse as NJ is indeed an extremely incompetent state at every level. However, I’ve managed to acquire 6 CCW (including in anti-gun states) and haven’t had this problem. This is especially annoying since it appears regular turnaround times are occurring sub-60.

Anywho, at least the issue has been pinpointed. Now to bother NJSP to answer their emails.
See my reply in your other thread about this.

I decided to apply for non-resident MA for the first time and sent my application last week. Currently I have RI resident town pistol permit, CT and UT CCW. I go shopping to MA, my church located in Boston, plus I have to pass through MA every time I go from Northern RI to Aquidneck Island. I'll keep you posted on the progress.
Update 09-01-22... They received my application in the last week of July. Did not hear anything from them, so I called Chelsea Office and after 43 minutes of waiting got a live person to ask about the appointment. Nice lady offered me to schedule an appointment over the phone and the earliest they had was on November 21st. I hope to get the license by Christmas.
UPDATE:
Visited Chelsea Office (to my surprise, they have a huge free parking lot) on November 21st. They took my fingerprints and asked couple of formal questions. I was told that I'll get a license in 60 days...

UPDATE:
Visited Chelsea Office (to my surprise, they have a huge free parking lot) on November 21st. They took my fingerprints and asked couple of formal questions. I was told that I'll get a license in 60 days...
Maybe this is the answer. Just go to the headquarters. Chelsea IS the headquarters, right?

I decided to apply for non-resident MA for the first time and sent my application last week. Currently I have RI resident town pistol permit, CT and UT CCW. I go shopping to MA, my church located in Boston, plus I have to pass through MA every time I go from Northern RI to Aquidneck Island. I'll keep you posted on the progress.
Update 09-01-22... They received my application in the last week of July. Did not hear anything from them, so I called Chelsea Office and after 43 minutes of waiting got a live person to ask about the appointment. Nice lady offered me to schedule an appointment over the phone and the earliest they had was on November 21st. I hope to get the license by Christmas.
Received my non-restricted MA license today. 92 days after my interview in Chelsea. I will have to re-apply in October to keep it valid for another $100. But at least I do not have to unload and lock my firearm when I am traveling to ME or NH. I visited Boston Boat Show last week, but the license would be worthless, because nobody can enter Exposition Center even with legal firearm...

Received my non-restricted MA license today. 92 days after my interview in Chelsea. I will have to re-apply in October to keep it valid for another $100. But at least I do not have to unload and lock my firearm when I am traveling to ME or NH. I visited Boston Boat Show last week, but the license would be worthless, because nobody can enter Exposition Center even with legal firearm...
Why? Did they have metal detectors?

I sent in my renewal paperwork around the middle of last month (Feb 2023).
My current MA Non-Res LTC expires around the middle of this August 2023.
= So basically, I started this year's renewal process 6 months in advance.

This year's renewal will require an actual "in-person" interview (as its been about 7 years) since my last one.

So ...... I just received my interview date = Its at the end of this August.
So that's over 6 months from application submission - to - just getting the interview.

Then its possibly 1 to 2 months for renewal license receipt = that would be 8 months, to renew a 1-year license.

Holy Crapola. I thought starting 6 months in advance was good for this year.

Now, it looks like next year I should start renewing the month after I get the next license for this year ....

I really wish there was a simple way for the rest of America to sue MA over this crap without going bankrupt.

They took my fingerprints and asked couple of formal questions.
What questions do they ask? "Why do you feel the need to be armed while in MA?" At least they don't make you get 3 or more letters of recommendation testament to your character like they used to. Surprised the second amendment only costs out of staters $100 a year, would have thought MA would bump it to something way higher.

"Use lines below to indicate the DETAILED reason(s) you are requesting an unrestricted LTC"

What do y'all put to justify why you want your rights?

"Use lines below to indicate the DETAILED reason(s) you are requesting an unrestricted LTC"

What do y'all put to justify why you want your rights?
___________________________________________... leave it blank. See post #9

So you apply. Wait 6-7 months. Get the license. Then a year later, rinse and repeat??
Later renewals are by mail, no in person. It’s every 5 years or something the trip to Chelsea is needed?

And not a year later, probably 3mo later putting in the renewal.

Bustin' caps in asses!
First time I applied my town police captain got to that page and I wrote a 3 paragraph little essay justifying my 'need' to carry. He rolled his eyes and said "You seriously gonna make me fn read all that"? Took his finger pointed and dragged until he saw the 'for all lawful purposes' and said on renewal, just write that. I'd imagine in some red towns the police chief want you to write a dissertation justifying your extraordinary need for protection, NYC permitting style.

Back
Top Bottom