Non-Resident CCW post-Bruen

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my unrestricted non-resident last month. Just under 5 months from application submission to ltc in the mail box. Ridiculously long process, but they do give them out.
I've had mine since 2017. It took less than 6 months, and other than the amount of time, the process wasn't painful. Of course, now that I have it, I have to pay $100/year to keep it, and that's a bit painful.

steve8140

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Myself and my wife received our unrestricted LTC’s a few months ago. Like others have said, it takes about 6 months to go through the process. The worst part is you must appear in Chelsea for your first time and then it’s every 6 years after. All in between year are done through the mail.

With the new Supreme Court ruling they probably won’t say or change anything in the process but will issue unrestricted more frequently now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondered what would happen if I applied for a non-resident CCW permit in MA now that SCOTUS has trounced everyone with Bruen.
While I fully expect courts to buck Bruen, setting that aside.

Having a different process for residents/ non-residents for a fundamental right violates privileges and immunities.

A non-resident would be entitled to a 131A LTC for 6 years and be able to buy ammo.

Having non-residents pay for a 1 year license to where they can’t even buy ammo wouldnt pass muster.

But like I said, expect these clowns to violate whenever and wherever they can.

ThePreBanMan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Posted on another forum telling NY to get f***ed.
This lawyer has played a big role in several major lawsuits on behalf of the second amendment.

Maybe some MA lawyers should do the same. I hope it’s already in the works.

View attachment 631580View attachment 631581
Loss of qualified immunity. That'll have them getting compliant real f****** quick. S*** gets real when the money is coming out of your own pockets.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted on another forum telling NY to get f***ed.
This lawyer has played a big role in several major lawsuits on behalf of the second amendment.

Maybe some MA lawyers should do the same. I hope it’s already in the works.

View attachment 631580View attachment 631581

1983 claims do not work for Non-Residents of a state due to the 11th Amendment. A non resident can have Standing for all other possible claims other then those that are financial.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent in my non-resident application at the end of March. I was contacted with my interview date at the end of April. My interview was scheduled for the first week of July (Post Bruen). I've previously held resident and non-resident LTC's in MA. My last non-resident LTC was restricted and expired a few years ago, I didn't bother renewing because of the hassle and restrictions. I decided to give it a shot again this year, the timing worked out great. I received my unrestricted NR LTC last week. I was told at my interview that I would receive my LTC in 90 days, it took about two weeks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to apply for non-resident MA for the first time and sent my application last week. Currently I have RI resident town pistol permit, CT and UT CCW. I go shopping to MA, my church located in Boston, plus I have to pass through MA every time I go from Northern RI to Aquidneck Island. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.6%
71   1   0
I decided to apply for non-resident MA for the first time and sent my application last week. Currently I have RI resident town pistol permit, CT and UT CCW. I go shopping to MA, my church located in Boston, plus I have to pass through MA every time I go from Northern RI to Aquidneck Island. I'll keep you posted on the progress.
You won't need all those excuses to get the unrestricted NR LTC.

Top Bottom