Non-resident LTC timing question

I live in Florida most of the year and have a FL LTC. I spend summers here in Medford with my daughter. Three weeks ago I sent in the paperwork and money to get a Mass Non-Res LTC. I haven't heard a word from Chelsea yet. Does anyone have any recent experience that would give me a clue what the timing will be? It would be great to get the permit before we have to head back south.

I'm not too familiar with the process, but if it takes as long as a first time applicant I just received mine after a 3 1/2 month wait. What was weird was they just sent me the license without an interview.

I'm not too familiar with the process, but if it takes as long as a first time applicant I just received mine after a 3 1/2 month wait. What was weird was they just sent me the license without an interview.

I find this hard to believe. You need to appear in person for fingerprinting and to have your photo taken. They no longer accept photos mailed in and the fingerprinting is now done electronically. Sorry, but I need to call BS on this.

[bs2]

Last edited:
I find this hard to believe. You need to appear in person for fingerprinting and to have your photo taken. They no longer accept photos mailed in and the fingerprinting is now done electronically. Sorry, but I need to call BS on this.

[bs2]

That may have came off wrong. Mine was for a first time application. To submit my application, I walked in to the department a clerk took my picture, fingerprint and application and said you will have an answer in about a month. I thought It was required to be interviewed by the chief. But the purpose of my post was to state that It was a long delay for mine.

That may have came off wrong. Mine was for a first time application. To submit my application, I walked in to the department a clerk took my picture, fingerprint and application and said you will have an answer in about a month. I thought It was required to be interviewed by the chief. But the purpose of my post was to state that It was a long delay for mine.

I get the impression that you got a RESIDENT LTC from the wording in your post. There is no legal requirement for any interviews and many towns issue based strictly on the application and background checks, w/o an interview.

You do realize that this thread is about NON-Resident LTCs, don't you?

Mine is going on 11 months, and still waiting. My application got kicked back for something over the winter. So I sent it back in and waited. I went to the interview in march, and waited. I was later informed by mail that my prints were unusable, so I had to get ink prints done. Now I took a little while to get this squared away, but I finally sent them back in a few weeks ago. And now I'm waiting.

I've had a Class A, unrestricted Mass LTC since 1998. This year, I applied for a renewal at the end of April. The "interview" was scheduled for mid July. The interviewer (Zoran) was a complete gentleman. He pretty much went over the questions and answers on the application, took some digital prints and a picture. I received my license in a little over 2 weeks. It's Class A, unrestricted. This "in person interview" thing is fairly new. Being from CT, it's not a huge logistical problem. Because you're from Florida, I would suggest that you apply early and try to arrange a date when you're in the Commonwealth. I spoke with Jody at the Firearms Record Bureau to arrange a date. She was very polite and helpful. Good luck. Jeff Crown, [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom