Norwood MA - LTC

Hello all,
Has anyone applied for a LTC in Norwood MA? I noticed the NPD website mentions 2 letters of references. Am I required to have 2 letters of references with my application?

Last edited:
Hello all,
Has anyone applied for a LTC in Norwood MA? I noticed on the NPD website mentions 2 letters of regency. Am I required to have 2 letters of references with my application?
Did you take and pass a basic firearms safety course? See if you can get a letter or two from the school and instructor who taught your course. The renewal application for Haverhill asked for two reference names. I wrote down the two licensing officers and police departments that I dealt with before moving to Haverhill. Got my renewal just about one month later. Relax. You'll be fine!

Norwood PD: We require 2 letters of references to be included with your LTC application.
OP: "Even for me?"

Letters of reference don't have to be from anyone firearm related- don't bother your instructor just type a canned letter and ask two reasonable friends if they'll sign their name. If you want to see if they changed their policy then call and ask. If you want to argue that it's unconstitutional or not necessary in a post-Bruen world maybe contact a lawyer first.

Norwood PD: We require 2 letters of references to be included with your LTC application.
OP: "Even for me?"

Letters of reference don't have to be from anyone firearm related- don't bother your instructor just type a canned letter and ask two reasonable friends if they'll sign their name. If you want to see if they changed their policy then call and ask. If you want to argue that it's unconstitutional or not necessary in a post-Bruen world maybe contact a lawyer first.
so no matter what scotus says - norwood is still gonna do norwood and demand all the letters be done and verified?

His question might be regarding Bruen. Recently some PDs have been attaching additional instructions to disregard the references section, instead of just re-making the form.

so no matter what scotus says - norwood is still gonna do norwood and demand all the letters be done and verified?
I certainly don't know how they interpreted the SCOTUS ruling and neither do you. The options are pontificate on the internet or call and ask them how they plan on proceeding with LTC applications.

I certainly don't know how they interpreted the SCOTUS ruling and neither do you. The options are pontificate on the internet or call and ask them how they plan on proceeding with LTC applications.
I’ll contact LTC department. I just wanted to make sure my application is 100% with no issues. Thank you all

I’ll contact LTC department. I just wanted to make sure my application is 100% with no issues. Thank you all
15 years ago references were needed. I thought that had changed. I am assuming this is a first time application.
Norwood is a lot easier to get an LTC now since the “new chief” came in several years ago. Before that all applicants got restricted.
My daughter got no restrictions on her 1st application at the age of 21.

40 years ago they gave me the run around, lost my paperwork, made me file again, took 9 months and then gave me a permit with a big red stamp across it saying “restricted“.

Hello all,
Has anyone applied for a LTC in Norwood MA? I noticed the NPD website mentions 2 letters of references. Am I required to have 2 letters of references with my application?
Call and ask if this is simply the old form or current. Use the business line and it is still recorded.

COP can still deny LTC right on the spot for "suitability". FID denial requires a court hearing, and notification of the applicant of the upcoming hearing. Both procedures equally suck!

Since Bill Brooks became chief, many years ago now, Norwood changed for the much better. Bill was one of my police academy instructors back in the 1980s and I've talked with him a few times since then. I watched him testify against some onerous CMR issues a number of years ago and twice he came over and thanked me for my testimony.

If someone has a clean record, Bill won't give them a hard time getting a LTC. Unsure what the website says, many PDs never/almost never update their websites to correct out of date info. So a phone call is best to find out if you need letters, blood and urine samples, etc. rather than speculating.

Back
Top Bottom