NRA Classification.

I have just started High power. I have read that you need 240 shots to get a classification. I have been to one 80 round match and am going to another Saturday.There is also a 50 round match Sunday.
Is there anywhere to get my last 30 shots to get classified, or do the points carry over to next season?
Thanks, Mike

Mike,

You get your 1st classification after 120 shots in NRA Approved matches so you will be all set for your 1st card after shooting the 80 this Saturday. Then it's 240 shots average for every reclassification.

That's how the addiction begins.... LOL

G~

Mike,

You get your 1st classification after 120 shots in NRA Approved matches so you will be all set for your 1st card after shooting the 80 this Saturday. Then it's 240 shots average for every reclassification.

G~

Thanks George

Nowhere to go but up [thumbsup]

looks like I will have to shoot as many 100 shot matches as I can find for next year.

Mike,

G~

You aint kiddin about the addiction. Im capped on classification now....now im out to chase the the 495/792/990 club pins. Eventually...they will be mine :)

Mac1911,
100 shot matches are typically only fired for State Championships and those are often only 80 rounders.
NFGA & Reading mostly do 100 rd Champs
Bolton Vt and Scarboro Maine do 80 rd Champs

Three 80's works out nicely to = 240 shots

The important thing is to get out and shoot matches....
Unless your repeating bad habits without realizing it the more you shoot the more you typically improve.

Mike,

G~

Hi George. I still have no classification on the NRA look up?
How long before they post?
Just curios.
Thanks, Mike

Did you get the Christmas card from NRA Competitions in your e-mail? They have a staff of 23 people in Competitions. There must be lots of nail filing, gum chewing and hair twirling to have that many people manage to do nothing. What a joke they are. Janet Rabb only lasted a year and a half down there as the High Power director before she bailed out. I wonder why....

Another reason this sport need its own organization.

Do you have a temporary score book? You can use that to enter in the appropriate classification.

B

Did you get the Christmas card from NRA Competitions in your e-mail? They have a staff of 23 people in Competitions. There must be lots of nail filing, gum chewing and hair twirling to have that many people manage to do nothing. What a joke they are. Janet Rabb only lasted a year and a half down there as the High Power director before she bailed out. I wonder why....

Another reason this sport need its own organization.

Do you have a temporary score book? You can use that to enter in the appropriate classification.

B

Yes I do have a temporary score book. I don't know my classification, as I've just shot 3 matches.

Yes I do have a temporary score book. I don't know my classification, as I've just shot 3 matches.

you need 120rounds downrange on approved matches to get an initial classification. depending on the matches you've shot, they may or may not be registered/approved. I know the last 50NMC we shot @ Nashua was *NOT* registered/approved (figured, i shot a 493x16 in that match).

you need 120rounds downrange on approved matches to get an initial classification. depending on the matches you've shot, they may or may not be registered/approved. I know the last 50NMC we shot @ Nashua was *NOT* registered/approved (figured, i shot a 493x16 in that match).

2 80 round matches

Mike Flemming MU MR 79-0 75-0 154-0 63-0 81-1 144-1 71-0 88-1 159-1 76-1 79-0 155-1 612-3
Mike Fleming MU SR 81-2 82-0 163-2 93-1 95-2 188-3 88-0 81-0 169-0 83-3 86-0 169-3 689-8

19.14 Score Record Book - (Temporary Classification)-A competitor who does not have a regular NRA High Power Rifle classification will obtain an NRA ''Score Record Book" from the Official Referee, Supervisor, or Tournament Statistical Office, or from the Secretary of a sanctioned league, in which he will enter all his High Power Rifle scores fired in NRA sanctioned individual and team competition of the types defined in Rule 1.6 subparagraphs (c) through (h) inclusive. The total of all scores so recorded, divided by the number of 10-shot strings represented, will be the competitor's average for temporary classification in accordance with Table Il below.Scores from at least one complete tournament (Rule 1.1) or league match (Rule 1.6(h)) are required in order to establish an initial temporary classification. The Score Record Book and any such temporary classification are superseded when the competitor's regular classification becomes effective.

Basically you just figure out what your average is for the registered/approved matches you shot, and that is your temporary classification.

B

Sometimes match directors have them. You basically write down your score, and the match director initials it. It's really old school though and from the days before the internet. If you have the match report it's really the same thing. Just figure out what your average is based on 10 shot strings, and then look at he table to determine your classification.

B

Hi Mike,

It's my fault you don't have your NRA classification card yet as I have not yet sent in the results from the last two NRA approved 80's @ NFGA in October. Since losing power for 5 days from the October storm I have been on 3 seperate weeks of travel for work, swamped at work when I am there and also settling estate matters from a death in the family.

I am working heavy OT at work this week but I should be able to type out the NRA report and get the scores in to the NRA by mid week next week.

I am very sorry for this as I typically pride myself at getting the results up on the webpage and out to the NRA promptly so the shooters can see where they placed in the match and get thier earned classifications quickly.

Once I get them mailed in you should see it processed by the NRA in 2 - 3 weeks of them recieving it.
If you do enter any NRA Approved matches between now and getting your card your classification will be Marksman.

Again, I'm very sorry ( and embarrassed ) about this.
I will post here once I get the results mailed out to the NRA.

George

Last edited:
Hi Mike,

It's my fault you don't have your NRA classification card yet as I have not yet sent in the results from the last two NRA approved 80's @ NFGA in October. Since losing power for 5 days from the October storm I have been on 3 seperate weeks of travel for work, swamped at work when I am there and also settling estate matters from a death in the family.

I am working heavy OT at work this week but I should be able to type out the NRA report and get the scores in to the NRA by mid week next week.

I am very sorry for this as I typically pride myself at getting the results up on the webpage and out to the NRA promptly so the shooters can see where they placed in the match and get thier earned classifications quickly.

Once I get them mailed in you should see it processed by the NRA in 2 - 3 weeks of them recieving it.
If you do enter any NRA Approved matches between now and getting your card your classification will be Marksman.

Again, I'm very sorry ( and embarrassed ) about this.
I will post here once I get the results mailed out to the NRA.

George

George. don't let it upset you. I was just wondering how I did. The guys helped me out. Hope all is well,and thanks for all of your help on my first times at Nashua. I'll see you in the spring,
Thanks, Mike

Mike,

I finally got the scores out to NRA for the last two NRA80's @ NFGA and NRA cashed my checks today so they have your scores in hand.

You should see your classification card soon.
If you don't see it by early February give them a call.

I'm looking forward to seeing you climb the classification ladder next season!

George

I just got my card yesterday. Marksman. Came with some Nice stickers.
I hope to change them to Sharpshooter or expert soon. [grin]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom