NRA classification

lol, I could tell. My texts don't look that good now-a-days. That's very impressive to me that you got it.

You can do it too. Just a little focused effort. Come out next year. People will help you out if you want to give it a try.

Congrats on the card Mike. :)

B

You can do it. We need some new competition in the master ranks with all the high masters lately. [grin]

My personal goal for next year is to earn at least two legs, with one being at Perry. I have a lot of work to do this winter.

[video=youtube_share;VZ2HcRl4wSk]http://youtu.be/VZ2HcRl4wSk[/video]

You can do it too. Just a little focused effort. Come out next year. People will help you out if you want to give it a try.

It's very tough for me because I work in the car business and my schedule is junk. We shall see though!

When or where do you get a shooter id number for nra service rifle?
Your NRA member number is your competitor # for NRA Highpower matches, in which you can shoot in either the Service Rifle or Match Rifle category.
The CMP issues you a number for all of it's matches (EIC, Garand, etc.), which are all service-rifle oriented.

Thank you guys. The cmp id was explained at my first garand match. I did not know if nra sent you anything after your 1st match or what not.
also I did not find this info on nra web site either

Thank you guys. The cmp id was explained at my first garand match. I did not know if nra sent you anything after your 1st match or what not.

Yeah I am with you, it is not super clear. I know I was not a member for a long time but still held a rank through college.

Guess it is a good time to sign up, I think they are going to need the money.

You won't get anything from them until you get your initial classification. I think you need at least 120 rounds in registered matches for the initial. It also takes a few months for them to process.

Nothing yet under my member number. Only 2 80 round matches over the summer at reading....any how. At least I know what number to write on my score card now.

Nothing yet under my member number. Only 2 80 round matches over the summer at reading....any how. At least I know what number to write on my score card now.

If they were both registered matches then you should have an initial classification. If you didn't get it by now you might need to call the NRA to sort it out.

Last edited:
If they were both registered matches then you should have an initial classification. If you didn't get it my now you might need to call the NRA to sort it out.

I have found that calling helps. It takes time, as there is only 1 guy at that extension. Just leave your ID and they do get back to you

I have found that calling helps. It takes time, as there is only 1 guy at that extension. Just leave your ID and they do get back to you

Email works too. I sent them an email about a match that got entered wrong one time and they fixed it pretty quick.

yup, they're more than willing to fix mistakes if need be

photo-5-1.jpg

now if only we could shoot Long-Range more around here :)

Were the matches league matches? Sometimes, league averages are not sent in if the person running the league doesn't see that your classification would go up. Can't say if they do that at Reading but I've seen it before.

league matches at reading all go in together at the end of the season usually (september-ish)

you likely wouldnt see a classification update from those until march or so.

Thanks all. I was looking for shooter id number. How long it takes for the scores to go in and get logged is fine. ATA runs at about the same pace. Thank you guys

Back
Top Bottom