• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA relentlessly Calling during the day.

Kilroy

NES Member
What the hell is with the NRA. It must be that time of the year. They are relentlessly calling my home and and cell number at 2 to 3 times a day. Try to block the numbers but they are as bad as the worst Telemarketers from India they just use new numbers each time. Caller ID shows National Rifle Association or NRA. I just ignore the calls. But its a PIA. The NRA lost me when they never gave any support to our state of Massachusetts and our donations and money paying and going to the Flamboyant Lifestyles of their leaders. Screw them they will never see a penny out of me.

If you email customer service at NRA HQ with your member # and ask them to put you on the do not promote list.

Stops all of the junk mail and 99% of the phone calls from them.

I'm a life member and they never bother me other than maybe 1-2 phone calls a year when major legislation is contemplated.

I do need to tell GOA to tone down the mailings.
Look, let me be clear. I fully understand that these solicitations come with the territory and I accept it as it is what it is. I just find it amusing that NRA bashers use the NRA bothers me narrative when GOA solicitations make the NRA look like rank amateurs.

Look, let me be clear. I fully understand that these solicitations come with the territory and I accept it as it is what it is. I just find it amusing that NRA bashers use the NRA bothers me narrative when GOA solicitations make the NRA look like rank amateurs.
In a year I’ve seen 2 NRA junk mails and I’m not a member.

In the same time frame GOA sent at least a dozen. They were informational on current events but still looking for more money. At least I’m a member.

I went on the NRA's web site and edited my contact info. I changed my phone number to one of the phone numbers to the NRA HQ in Virginia.
That was 5 years ago. I still get a call from their telemarketers once a month or so, but I smile when I think of how many calls are going to themselves.
This also makes me suspect that many of the calls "from the NRA" are just scammers who got their hands on a NRA phone list years ago.

Life member here, but I am severely angered at how much of our hard earned money the NRA has spent on perks for its own executives, then spent on lawyers defending their own questionable spending. They exploit all of us by claiming to be fighting for our 2A rights, but when they were giving depositions under oath in NY, it became obvious that was not their first (or second) priority.

E

that had been my practice, but with the health stuff I’m going through I had to turn off block unknown callers and do not disturb. Otherwise I was missing callbacks from doctors that I had paged.
Totally understand your situation. The calls coming in on our land line (yes we still have one) can't be blocked but if there is no name or we don't recognize the number we don't answer and usually no voice mail. I have noticed Dr offices returning calls to my cell are coming in as "HEALTH" at first I was waiting for a vm and then started answering those calls. Hope health improves!

We just don't answer the phone unless we recognize the caller!
Good move.

They send out "test" calls just to see if it is a "live" number, then sell that phone number to the spammers and scammers. If when you answer the call and there is no one there, you have just confirmed your phone number and will be added to multiple call lists. :mad:

The NRA lost me when they never gave any support to our state of Massachusetts and our donations and money paying and going to the Flamboyant Lifestyles of their leaders. Screw them they will never see a penny out of me.
Same here. My donation $$$ now goes to GOAL. I have had it with the NRA and supporting their extravagant lifestyles.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will do that. I have not been a member for a few years and told them no more solicitations or calls before. It must sometimes be like the Govt do not calls list. Sometimes it works and sometimes dont.

If my club didn't require NRA membership as a condition of club membership... I would have been one of those million who quit them too...
I would quit that club. Most only require it for new members, they never check after.

Also ... YAWN, another hate the NRA thread.

I would quit that club. Most only require it for new members, they never check after.

They check annually, every renewal... Have to send in a membership card copy with the check. Rod and Gun club of New Bedford.

I like the club. I don't have a lot of alternatives around here... Especially clubs with dedicated archery ranges... I hate the NRA requirement. Wish they accepted GOAL or GOA in lieu of.

What the hell is with the NRA. It must be that time of the year. They are relentlessly calling my home and and cell number at 2 to 3 times a day. Try to block the numbers but they are as bad as the worst Telemarketers from India they just use new numbers each time. Caller ID shows National Rifle Association or NRA. I just ignore the calls. But its a PIA. The NRA lost me when they never gave any support to our state of Massachusetts and our donations and money paying and going to the Flamboyant Lifestyles of their leaders. Screw them they will never see a penny out of me.

Same here. I told the woman on the phone to stop the calls and I havent had one since

Same here. They stopped for a while but in the last few days it started again. Don't think it's the NRA but whoever they use for renewals. They probably get a cut of those they get signed up.

My club is the same but renewal requires a current card. Associate Membership works so you can just get the $15 level.

Back
Top Bottom