"Obama Begins Covert Attack on Second Amendment" Article

I'm fairly sure this will be pretty overt when it happens.

That document looks to be mostly concerned with personal firearms at military bases.

Which is a whole 'nother ball of wax. [thinking]

The .mil folks play by different rules.

Last edited:
There is a simple reason to have these rules in the military.

They want to know who has guns at home.

That way, when military personnel get out of line, their superiors take their guns away.

As if that would have foiled the Fort Hood Massacre.

Coming from a .gov perspective, this goes to previous military guys:

Does the military put out directives with stuff slashed out like that? We don't do anything like that with regular fed regulation/policy.

Coming from a .gov perspective, this goes to previous military guys:

Does the military put out directives with stuff slashed out like that? We don't do anything like that with regular fed regulation/policy.

That document is a .pdf version that has the editing still in place. Hard to tell if it was an offocial effort or someone playing around.

The scan from the OP's link seems to be a cross between Army Regulation 190-11 (Physical Security of Arms, Ammunition, and Explosives), Chapter 4, Section 5 (http://www.ngms.state.ms.us/cfmo/FMO Document Library/AR 190_11.pdf) and a Commanding General's policy letter. When getting into policy specifics regarding what can or can't be done with privately owned weapons on post, the Army generally leaves the decisions to either MACOM Commanders or Post Commanders. These can be further refined by subsequent unit commanders down the chain of command. My guess would be that if indeed this is real, and not a fake, it is a working copy of a Battalion-level policy letter. Suspicions as to the validity of this arise from Paragraph "e" which is mostly covered already by the Lautenberg Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968. Furthermore, the phrase "Senior Mission Commander" in e.(5) just doesn't sound like Army-speak, especially in the context used here (maybe some Army guys could back me up here). The again, I could be completely off base and this could be coming from the President's desk. My 2 cents.

anyone remember the movie Red Dawn? I watched it again this past week...

and a couple parts stood out very much so...

1. after the initial invasion, the Commander of the Cuban forces instructed his troops to proceed to the local sporting goods store to get list of gun owners. then go to their houses and round them up...

2. later they state that the shop owner was killed because he wouldnt co operate and some guns were missing...

sounds familure....

Back
Top Bottom