OBSOLETE GUNS ( IF THERE IS SUCH A THOUGHT )

Savage 99 in 300sav
Basically a 308 lever gun, a nice gun but not much use to it and ammo is hard to find

Now THAT is how you troll!

[rockon]
Who says my posts are troll posts? Brah it's a gun older than half of all NES members. Weighs a ton, only 8 shots of an antiquated, slow, fat round with massive amounts of recoil. My wrists are sore after 4-5 shots... I'll stick with my Shield in .30 SC.

AKs are from 1947 designed by communists for communists, terrorists, African non-state actors and communist LARPers on reddit.

Who says my posts are troll posts? Brah it's a gun older than half of all NES members. Weighs a ton, only 8 shots of an antiquated, slow, fat round with massive amounts of recoil. My wrists are sore after 4-5 shots... I'll stick with my Shield in .30 SC.

AKs are from 1947 designed by communists for communists, terrorists, African non-state actors and communist LARPers on reddit. I can't hit a 3.5x7 door at 200 yards benched, just an inaccurate gun and round.

Translation:

It hurts my wrists and I cannot hit with it. Therefore, it's obsolete.

Not convincing, sir.

AK's and 1911's ?
Those are still very much in use. Ammo is plentiful and so are parts and aftermarket parts.
Both are old or communist junk. Why would I want a grandpa 7-8 shot hand cannon when I can have anywhere from 13-28 rds of a modern and relevant caliber like .40 SW in a modern and relevant gun like a Glock 22 or 23? .40 has more energy than .45 SAF till like 95 yards. If one uses mathematical reasoning, they'd much rather a G22 .40 over a 1911 if they're going to be acting in self defense with the attacker at that distance.

Plus, I can get a Glock 22 LE trade in for $350 USD (Trade in so it's used AKA VERIFIED THAT IT WORKS) vs the minimum price for a reliable 1911 which is usually $3500+ USD

iu

In terms of common pistols that we had to title obsolete the 1911 is right up there.
It's not, though. It still is useful in lot of competetion doctrines.

It's the biggest piece of shit that nobody will let go of, because of its ergonomics. It's simultaneously one of the worst and best guns at the same time. The 1911 as an idea is a conundrum. 🤣

Both are old or communist junk. Why would I want a grandpa 7-8 shot hand cannon when I can have anywhere from 13-28 rds of a modern and relevant caliber like .40 SW in a modern and relevant gun like a Glock 22 or 23? .40 has more energy than .45 SAF till like 95 yards. If one uses mathematical reasoning, they'd much rather a G22 .40 over a 1911 if they're going to be acting in self defense with the attacker at that distance.

Plus, I can get a Glock 22 LE trade in for $350 USD (Trade in so it's used AKA VERIFIED THAT IT WORKS) vs the minimum price for a reliable 1911 which is usually $3500+ USD

iu
Well, thank god not all of us make all of our decisions based upon mathematical reasoning.
Otherwise we would all drive Corollas and eat microwaved food exclusively.

No, you're better. You bring graphs.
Lol well most of me replies are tongue in cheek here, this gun forum has a surprisingly low amount of sarcasm and trolling compared to others. What I will say though is if I did make a troll account, it wouldn't have been all of those this forum has seen in the recent spike... and they would have all been in good humor to make people laugh....

and I will say that I got nothing to do with those obvious sockpuppets who's sole purpose seems to be to comment antisemitic or racist replies whenever a thread relevant to the aforementioned groups is posted... most of those join dates predate me having a learners permit

FWIW I had nothing to do with IRON EAGLE..

Last edited:
Show me a more accurate handgun than a match-tuned 1911.

You can't.

Nothing accurate is obsolete.

Familiar with the GLOCK® MARKSMAN® BARREL ? That barrel matched with the superior ballistic curve of .40 SW.... .40 SW is going to be ringing steel at 200' with a 52" holdover while your .45 is gonna be in the dirt at that point.

Last edited:
Familiar with the GLOCK® MARKSMAN® BARREL ? That barrel matched with the superior ballistic curve of .40 SW.... .40 SW is going to be ringing steel at 200" with a 52" holdover while your .45 is gonna be in the dirt at that point.
Mmmmmm......That's why so many Nations Pistol Champions, Distinguished Pistoleers, P100 winners, etc use Glocks.

It's not, though. It still is useful in lot of competetion doctrines.

It's the biggest piece of shit that nobody will let go of, because of its ergonomics. It's simultaneously one of the worst and best guns at the same time. The 1911 as an idea is a conundrum. 🤣
I wouldn't know a thing about competition doctrines. I'm more thinking of it's original purpose, which is to kill people dead efficiently and cheaply, etc.

Back
Top Bottom