of course a shooter says this...

I wonder what his eyes actually look like.
One is yellow, and the other is pure white.

r

Exusa me, but I thinka i'm a missing something here. I thought the Olympics was for amatuers. If you were paid, you became a professional. Didn't they take Jim Thorpes medals back when some ^&$# found he was paid $1.50 to play in a game years before the Olympics. That made him a "professional". Have things changed?

Exusa me, but I thinka i'm a missing something here. I thought the Olympics was for amatuers. If you were paid, you became a professional. Didn't they take Jim Thorpes medals back when some ^&$# found he was paid $1.50 to play in a game years before the Olympics. That made him a "professional". Have things changed?

Nope, but it's not compensation, it's a 'gift' [rolleyes]

What a tool!

"We athletes go through major sacrifices to get to this level. It would be the right thing to do to remove the taxes from what we get here. It would be a very good thing," he said, without stating the value of the reward.

Because we don't sacrifice the beejeezus out of our lives due to work! This guy not only
wants to get money from the government (his pay if he is successful) but wants it tax free.
I can understand that as I would like to get that deal as well but if I have to pay the man,
so does his ilk.

What a tool!

"We athletes go through major sacrifices to get to this level. It would be the right thing to do to remove the taxes from what we get here. It would be a very good thing," he said, without stating the value of the reward.

Because we don't sacrifice the beejeezus out of our lives due to work! This guy not only
wants to get money from the government (his pay if he is successful) but wants it tax free.
I can understand that as I would like to get that deal as well but if I have to pay the man,
so does his ilk.

Hmm, that's a perspective I hadn't thought about. I sort of went with taxes on a prize = bad. I'll have to give it some more thought.

Better this guy gets his winnings tax free than the normal way to get tax free money ie: welfare.

Never heard of Olympians getting rich for what they do, so as far as I am concerned, good for him if some cash crosses his path. even at 200k every four years, you certainly are not going to get rich competing.

Yes, several years ago. (1992 IIRC) Remember the original "Dream Team" with Larry, Magic, MJ, et al?

I found the roster. I would say that collectively, they had earned a few pesos as professional athletes. (That may very well be the understatement of all time)

Dream Team roster

Charles Barkley, Phoenix Suns
Larry Bird, Boston Celtics
Clyde Drexler, Portland Trail Blazers
Patrick Ewing, New York Knicks
Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Los Angeles Lakers
Michael Jordan, Chicago Bulls
Karl Malone, Utah Jazz
Chris Mullin, Golden State Warriors
Scottie Pippen, Chicago Bulls
David Robinson, San Antonio Spurs
John Stockton, Utah Jazz

What a tool!

so does his ilk.

I'm sure he already gets taxed on his income as a police officer. I think his contention is that he has probably already brought his country a good amount of attention and positive publicity on an international stage and that should be good enough for them.

Back
Top Bottom