• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OK, this is not OK. New forum freaks me out.

WTF don't go on NES for a day and some computer hacker hacked my NES account and messed it all up.
I can't find or post anything hate it and won't be in again till it goes back to the old style.

I know it was up dated to be easier and more modern but shit I would think that most of the NES users are older users and not a bunch of hipsters that use apple watchs.

There is a reason I don't have tapatalk
F-facebook snapshit Instacrap
Please go back please remember if its not broke don't fix it and keep it simple stupid.

Last edited:
Well my watched threads are back, so that's progress.

We're just a bunch of grouchy old dudes. Don't mind us. Mostly, we'll get used to it, so long as there is a very dark colors theme eventually!

Yep, this, pretty much.
297.png

Text is too big. Can’t cover as much ground in same amount of time between meetings. :(

Set my android tabet to ultra power saving mode. Screen goes to black and white. Much better on the eyes. Something about all those shades of blue giving me eyestrain.

i find it ok on an actual computer other than the colors and a few missing features and it taking more clicks to get where i want to go...the mobile site i don't like at all though

Last edited:
come on guys, jeez...the people pounding on the gun parlor haven't missed a beat. they're not cryin' about the new format although they probably haven't noticed the change yet. :p

It might help if we knew what to expect and what improvements were expected with the new platform.
Speed
Ease of use
Features
Cost

I know you're still working on it, but what is going to be fixed/changed?

So far, to me, it's far more difficult to use, no mobile support, jumping to the unread in a watched thread is no longer the default (as it was in Tapatalk), and when I do go to the unread it's going back to October, no where near my last unread.

If you want positive feedback you need to define expectations. Right now all I know is all the problems, I have no idea what to expect when/if it gets straightend out.

I'll check back tomorrow but right now I don't see the point in trying to check all the threads I watch, let alone check new ones.

Do not like.

I assume I'll be able to reset most things to the way I liked them, but I don't see a way to mark an individual forum read (like the classified). I did click the "-" button, so I'll see if that means I won't see any of those posts.

Anybody else "triggered" by the new forum style/layout?

I feel like I'm posting this from an iPad sitting on a pedestal in an Apple store.

So far I must say it really sucks! I guess the old forum was working just tooooooo well, so it had to be changed! Hey, where the hell is the advanced search? It was the right tool for keeping current on any of the forums, so now it's gone?

I remember the good old days. When a person could neg-rep you back to the Stone Age!
With descriptors like “Larper”!:eek:<And what the hell is that?
I guess I’m having a “no country for old men” moment.

IT WASN"T BROKE AND DIDN'T NEED FIXIN.. Haven't seen one web/search site that was changed that is worth cow dung. This one included. When it came up the first rime I thought my monitor went to hell.

Do not like.

I assume I'll be able to reset most things to the way I liked them, but I don't see a way to mark an individual forum read (like the classified). I did click the "-" button, so I'll see if that means I won't see any of those posts.

Click on the chat bubble icon to the left of a forum.

Back
Top Bottom