OMFG! I saw a gray squirrel today!!

J

JellyFish

I went back down to the state park in Foxboro and walked down a different trail. As I was moping around, I saw a gray squirrel off to the right side of the trail! Woohoo!!! [smile]

So they ARE in there!!! They're just not easy to find. This one was quite cunning as it went around the side of the tree and then I think it went up it as I lost him and couldn't see him again. They are diabolical!!!!! [crying]

Also, I went down to wrentham state park today too and didn't like it at all. The entrance I went in is the Taunton Street entrance. As I was walking down the trails I heard cars from the highway and it was awful. I didn't even feel like I was in the forest. Geez. I don't think I'll go back there. At least in Foxboro, you are out in the woods and you feel like you are away from car noise.

Anyway, I believe that hunting season for squirrel starts in two days!!!! [grin] [smile]

Keep in mind that archery season for deer starts on Mon. and the Foxboro forest will be full of Hunters. They will be in the trees wearing full camo waiting for big bucky to walk by. Some guys get really upset when they think that "their" hunting spot is getting screwed up by someone else. Yes, some people do think they own the part of the woods they are hunting in [hmmm] I had one guy get pissed at me last year because I walked by where he was hunting, well where he was hunting was on my way back to the truck.
I also had a day last year where I met more than 12 different hunters on the same day in the woods, it was ridiculous. And out of all of us only 1 guy had a shot at 2 deer going by and missed with the 2 shots he took *cough cough* Vince Willfork cant hit the side of a barn *cough coough*[smile]

Heh, heh. Well I will be VERY careful where I am shooting if I am lucky enough to find a squirrel again in there. LOL

And I hope the other hunters will also do the same and not whack me as I am walking by. I will be wearing blaze orange so that should be a good tip off that I am a human. [wink]

By the way, where the hell are the deer in there? I've never seen any. Granted, I probably wasn't around in the early morning and at dusk (I think that's when they are most active) but I would have liked to have seen one of them.

I hope the other hunters treat each other politely. I do not want to get into a pissing match with somebody with one of those nasty arrows! LOL Since I am only there for squirrels I can't imagine I would piss anybody off. Let them have their stupid deer, I am after the REALLY HARD game! [smile]

By the way, where the hell are the deer in there? I've never seen any. Granted, I probably wasn't around in the early morning and at dusk (I think that's when they are most active) but I would have liked to have seen one of them.

I hope the other hunters treat each other politely. I do not want to get into a pissing match with somebody with one of those nasty arrows! LOL Since I am only there for squirrels I can't imagine I would piss anybody off. Let them have their stupid deer, I am after the REALLY HARD game! [smile]
I bet they saw you in there today [smile]
The forest over their is loaded with deer! There are more places to park and enter the forest besides the easy entrance off rt.1 btw.

As I was driving down the road inside our shooting range in Westwood, a deer was just standing there in the woods next to the road.

You're holding out on me!!! You know where the damn deer are!!! Talk or else!!! [wink]

I wasn't down there today though. I figured I'd rest my sore feet today as I was wearing a new pair of boots yesterday. Ouch! I'll have to where my old boots tomorrow though as I'll never last long enough with the new ones on.

I bet they saw you in there today [smile]
The forest over their is loaded with deer! There are more places to park and enter the forest besides the easy entrance off rt.1 btw.

There was one in my backyard yesterday and today. Normally I'd have ~5-6 of them. I think other animals have been "feeding" in the area.

Just put out some bird seed (I have 2 bird feeders) and squirrels will follow. [Check F&W laws, this may not be legal for hunting.]

Back
Top Bottom