On the news last night...

FrugalFannie

NES Member
Man was arrested for attacking a 15 yo in her home. Parents heard something, woke and went to check on her. This happened in the town next to me. I used to live there. Guys a trucker and parked at the rest stop (right behind the building I used to live in) and cut through the woods to the house and breaks in and starts assaulting the girl. Now they are investigating to see if he is tied to any other crimes along the highway (drives from NJ up to at least MA). They already got a hit on a murder in NJ (?). I think the house he broke into is about 200' down the road from where we used to live. The street is busy. I lived in a condo, townhouses to our East and then a small patch of woods and then this house. Was hard to tell because they filmed at night (obviously). Too bad Dad didn't have a handgun. Now the poor girl will probaly have to deal with a trial and all.

Chelmsford. The trucker is also going to be charged in a New Jersey homicide a month or so back. He's also being looked at for some other violent crimes. Police in various jurisdictions are trying to match his travels to some unsolved assaults.

Chelmsford. The trucker is also going to be charged in a New Jersey homicide a month or so back. He's also being looked at for some other violent crimes. Police in various jurisdictions are trying to match his travels to some unsolved assaults.

Hope he goes away for a long time

I live about a mile from where this assault took place. After watching it on the news several times, I got pissed at the use of the word 'alleged' concerning the perp.The guy was caught red handed, he should have left the house in a body bag.

I posted this last month on this by mistake in the off topic area :

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22840

Not even the lead story!

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...icleid=1014344

Cops: Trucker terrorized family
By Andy Metzger/ Chelmsford Independent
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - Updated: 03:19 AM EST

A masked North Carolina trucker armed with knives and a wire cord terrorized a Chelmsford family early yesterday in a bloody home invasion that police said included a teenage girl being held at knifepoint.

Police say the trucker pulled over on Interstate 495 early Monday before venturing into the woods to prey on a family on Pine Hill Road.

Adam Leroy Lane, 42, wore all black, including a mask, and was armed with two hunting knives and a wire cord as he moved through the woods toward the house, said Chelmsford Deputy Police Chief Scott Ubele.

“I think it was a random act by this individual,” Ubele said. “We have a lot of questions we need to answer.”

According to Ubele, three residents were home at the time of the invasion, shortly before 4 a.m.

After he reportedly entered the home, Lane had a confrontation with the residents including a struggle with at least one member of the family, Ubele said.

While one resident was able to phone 911, Lane allegedly stabbed another family member repeatedly in the hands.

But even after officers arrived, Lane allegedly fought with them as well.

Lane, of 3713 Messick Road, Jonesville, N.C., was charged in Lowell District Court with home invasion while masked, armed assault in a dwelling, threatening to kill, attempted murder, resisting arrest, larceny of property over $250, kidnapping, assault with a dangerous weapon, assault with intent to rape and carrying a dangerous weapon.

He is “certainly a dangerous individual,” Ubele said.

Pine Hill Road resident Henry Parlee said his dogs began barking wildly about an hour before the alleged incident.

Parlee, who spoke with many of his Pine Hill Road neighbors Monday, said apparently the suspect broke into the home and held a knife to the teenage female resident.

“It’s scary,” said Parlee. “This is Chelmsford. Stuff like this doesn’t happen here.”

“It’s scary,” said Parlee. “This is Chelmsford. Stuff like this doesn’t happen here.”

It is getting very tiring to hear the above -- "this doesn't happen here." When are people going to wake up and realize that our society is changing, and many do not value others' lives at all? Where are the 'safe places?'

It is getting very tiring to hear the above -- "this doesn't happen here." When are people going to wake up and realize that our society is changing, and many do not value others' lives at all? Where are the 'safe places?'

+1 That does get old.

Bad people are everywhere and they don't stay in one area or areas.

I live right up the street from where this took place. From the initial news reports I thought I had a pretty good idea of the which family it was that it happened to. Turns out I was right - as the later news reports showed their house and the family when they went to court. I thought all of that was a little strange - they usually do not show the victims of crimes like this as prominently.

My wife used this occasion to remind me that stuff like this is why she always locks the door. I used it to remind her why I own guns. [wink]

I have not seen anything in the news stories about how quickly the Chelmsford police responded - but a couple of years ago my wife dialed 911 by accident - she thought she was dialing 411, and then she hung up the phone. It was only a couple of minutes before there was a Chelmsford cop knocking on the door to find out what was going on. I have to give credit where credit is due - at least in my experience they respond very quickly in situations like this.

Just some clarification. The news stories seem to have muddled this up a little.

This is how I understand the story:

The driver parked his truck at the rest area on the northbound side of Rte 495. Then he left the truck and walked thru the woods to get to a habitated area. Based on the news reports he walked for quite a bit - because the stories I read claimed he first tried to get into a trailer that had a woman and her daughter at the Chelmsford Mobile Home park. This is on Rte 27 - and is a little ways from where the rest area is located. There are also sound barriers that stretch for a distance that keep you from going directly into the woods from the rest area.

Apparently he got scared off from the mobile home - and according to the Lowell Sun stories I read - this was around midnight or so. He must have then crossed over the highway on the bridge that comes off Rte 27 to get onto Pine Hill Road. The news stories then said that the daughter came home before her curfew - which was 12:00 pm. He entered the house around 3:30 - 4 according to the news reports. I have not read anything about what he did during the intervening time - but he could have been casing out other houses - or just lying wait until he though people were asleep.

The house in question is a Cape style house - It is actually pretty scary that he thought he could just enter the house and rape the daughter knowing that there were other people in the house - it's not a hotel where the doors to all rooms are closed and you might not hear what is going on - it's a residence where sound travels easily.

Supposedly the husband wrestled with the guy and held him in a headlock while the perp still had the knife - the wife then tried to get the knife away from him and suffered cuts on her hands. The daughter ran outside and called 911 on a cell phone - pretty smart on her part - a lot of kids would have freaked.

My wife read these stories and asked what I would have done if that had been him in our house - I told her - I would have shot him, well I would have shot him that is if you did not make me lock my guns up in the non quick access safe. Without the quick access to the gun I would had to wrestle with the guy same as the father did - and potentially get stabbed in the process - exactly how much does the prospect of rape and murder appeal to you anyway??

[thinking]

Last edited:
My wife used this occasion to remind me that stuff like this is why she always locks the door. I used it to remind her why I own guns. [wink]

I used to live in chelmsford too. Never locked my door, closed it easy so it didn't quite latch. Lived in a condo. When I took my son out for a drive to get a nap (only way he'd sleep) I could drive into the garage, up the stairs, and open the door without waking him. If the door was locked or even closed he'd wake from the noise. Used to leave my house unlocked here in Westford too. One night I came home with my son. It was dark and the front door was open. At that moment I realized how vulnerable we were especially walking in distracted by a small child. My husband was away on business. I called my neighbor, he (with the biggest knife I've ever seen) and I checked the house, his wife sat with my son in the car. When we were convinced no one was in the house I brought my son in. We were fortunate. Since then I lock the doors. If I'm at home by myself I lock the doors. Unless we are actively going in and out we keep the doors locked. You just never know.

Just some clarification. The news stories seem to have muddled this up a little.

This is how I understand the story:

The driver parked his truck at the rest area on the northbound side of Rte 495. Then he left the truck and walked thru the woods to get to a habitated area. Based on the news reports he walked for quite a bit - because the stories I read claimed he first tried to get into a trailer that had a woman and her daughter at the Chelmsford Mobile Home park. This is on Rte 27 - and is a little ways from where the rest area is located. There are also sound barriers that stretch for a distance that keep you from going directly into the woods from the rest area.

Apparently he got scared off from the mobile home - and according to the Lowell Sun stories I read - this was around midnight or so. He must have then crossed over the highway on the bridge that comes off Rte 27 to get onto Pine Hill Road. The news stories then said that the daughter came home before her curfew - which was 12:00 pm. He entered the house around 3:30 - 4 according to the news reports. I have not read anything about what he did during the intervening time - but he could have been casing out other houses - or just lying wait until he though people were asleep.

The house in question is a Cape style house - It is actually pretty scary that he thought he could just enter the house and rape the daughter knowing that there were other people in the house - it's not a hotel where the doors to all rooms are closed and you might not hear what is going on - it's a residence where sound travels easily.

Supposedly the husband wrestled with the guy and held him in a headlock while the perp still had the knife - the wife then tried to get the knife away from him and suffered cuts on her hands. The daughter ran outside and called 911 on a cell phone - pretty smart on her part - a lot of kids would have freaked.

My wife read these stories and asked what I would have done if that had been him in our house - I told her - I would have shot him, well I would have shot him that is if you did not make me lock my guns up in the non quick access safe. Without the quick access to the gun I would had to wrestle with the guy same as the father did - and potentially get stabbed in the process - exactly how much does the prospect of rape and murder appeal to you anyway??

[thinking]

Does your wife still make you lock them up now? seriously my handgun is within reach as soon as hear anything out of the ordinary. My wife understands this and never questions it.

Does your wife still make you lock them up now? seriously my handgun is within reach as soon as hear anything out of the ordinary. My wife understands this and never questions it.

Yeah actually she still gets a little freaky when I talk about getting one of those quick access safes - but I am still working on her. She will come around sooner or later.

Yeah actually she still gets a little freaky when I talk about getting one of those quick access safes - but I am still working on her. She will come around sooner or later.

Quick access safe? It's called "your nightstand."

[smile]

Back
Top Bottom