on the range with Textron's 6.8mm Next Generation Squad Weapon

Textron??? Weren't they a gas station???? Heck, wasn't that the oil company from the Jeff Bridges (hey, that ape really pulled the island together) version of King Kong???

EDIT - Petrox. Dammit! That would have been a funny coincidence.

Textron makes a lot of stuff for the military, including the stuff that will end life on earth as we know it.

They make amphibious watercraft for the military, and they bought Howe & Howe up in Main for R&D stuff.

They also made the heat shield for the in progress Orion space capsule, and that was done in our back yard... Wilmington MA

Pretty badass catalog:

I want the mortar-capable APC mod.

800x450-commando-select-mortar-vehicle.jpg

full disclosure: Mrs Appraiser worked for Defense Systems, and is still consulting for them.

She can't tell me much if anything about what she does, but I know she works on some real interesting things.

Textron??? Weren't they a gas station???? Heck, wasn't that the oil company from the Jeff Bridges (hey, that ape really pulled the island together) version of King Kong???

EDIT - Petrox. Dammit! That would have been a funny coincidence.

First thing I thought of was-

I knew Textron made Bell helicopters, and E-Z Go golf carts, and sort of understood they had other defense-based businesses.

Good for them.

and Cessna Aircraft..... and Beechcraft too

We got our golf cart at a hefty discount, and we got a discount on a bunch of their other product lines, but the ONE thing an employee could not get a discount on was aircraft.

Do you really want a plastic cased round? Or a Sig Fury round that’ll burn your barrel faster than you can say “pew-pew-pew?”

I predict the NGSW program will follow the same path as the LCS, the Zumwalt, the F-35, the BFV replacement and (likely) the B-21. In each case, military politicos demanded too much, the military contractors made promises they knew they couldn’t keep, and we ended up with late, over cost, underdelivered systems.

IIRC. Tyco Printed Circuits used to (might still) make Sensor Fused Munitions circuit boards for a Cluster bomb assembly

this one

I am told that is not a cluster bomb, and it was people using the term "cluster bomb" that got the program killed

Back
Top Bottom