One dead, one critically injured in shooting outside San Diego mall

You keep on missing the point. We are talking about this incident. She had time to call 911 so she would have had time to pull a gun. No one but you has brought up anyone being jumped and then defending themselves.

It's CA, so even if she owned a handgun she'd probaby be violating the law by carrying it.. The entire state of CA has less carry capable licenses in it than MA does (even if I tripled Jim March's old permit numbers that he obtained via FOPA, it's not even close) and MA is a mouse fart size wise in comparison. The odds of a non badge holder (non LE) in CA having a gun on them legally are between slim and none, and slim just left town.

Not sure if CA still has this law or not, but IIRC first offense loaded illegal CCW used to be a misdemeanor. A lot of people carried there (or at least in limited research, the insinuation that they did was there) under this "mulligan" law... basically if you never got caught it was a risky "one shot" license of sorts. I found this out because years ago (Circa 2005 I want to say) I read a case where basically a woman threw her mulligan out the window because she left her loaded pistol in her purse inside a grocery store.... they let her off without a felony, from what I remember.

-Mike

Last edited:
You keep on missing the point. We are talking about this incident. She had time to call 911 so she would have had time to pull a gun.

Not really true. You can have plenty of time to pull a phone out after you have a half dozen holes in you and you're a piece of swiss cheese. Plenty of people have called the cops, then died before EMTs showed up, or died shortly thereafter. Being able to use a phone immediately after the perps shoot you and run away says nothing about the actual event in and of itself.

-Mike

Be alert, Stay alive.

In the case of these people it's probably a lot more elemental than that, a first bullet point might be "don't consort with scumbags" or "if you have a scumbag in your past, be prepared to deal with them through whatever means necessary". This doesn't sound like a typical random crime at all... not in the slightest.

-Mike

Whenever something happens the NES rallying cry is "well if a good guy had a gun" like that is some sort of magic answer. It aint. I carry a gun, and obviously think more people should. I also think gun free zones are one of the worst policy decisions with regard to public safety... but it is so far from an absolute...

Mike
I agree with you to an extent......having a gun is not an absolute solution to these attacks.....but it is every Americans right to have a fire arm.....and carry it......period

Back
Top Bottom