One slight upside to Deville's fee proposal, my wife wants to get her LTC before...

the price goes up.

So, does anyone have any words of advice on getting a woman to be comfortable with something more than a .22? She had a lot of fun with my 22/45 but anything more made her too nervous.

try shooting light loads of 9mm or .38spl from a heavy gun. My wife especially like shooting 9mm WWB from my Beretta M9 and light .38spl loads from a 4 inch barrel S&W steel revolver.

I agree with the full-size 9. A big heavy steel frame 9 ought to do it. When I let people fire my P226 they are always amazed at the minimal recoil.

try shooting light loads of 9mm or .38spl from a heavy gun. My wife especially like shooting 9mm WWB from my Beretta M9 and light .38spl loads from a 4 inch barrel S&W steel revolver.

Thanks.

I have a 9mm P229 so that was going to be her next step. A 226 or other full size 9mm would probably be better for this purpose but that'll cost some $.

Get a used K frame. You can still find them fairly cheap. Go for the .357s instead of the .38s if you can. You can probably reload or buy some super light recoiling .357 loads and really boost her ego by telling her she just fired a "Magnum". If she doesn't like it, you've still got a really great gun.

Thanks.

I have a 9mm P229 so that was going to be her next step. A 226 or other full size 9mm would probably be better for this purpose but that'll cost some $.

I have an old tank of a Ruger P85 that I use for this purpose. Heavy gun / light loads/ minimal recoil / flip.

the price goes up.

So, does anyone have any words of advice on getting a woman to be comfortable with something more than a .22? She had a lot of fun with my 22/45 but anything more made her too nervous.

Well, my first gun was a 12 gauge, so I guess I'm just balsy. The only advice I could give is to give her a gun without a lot of recoil and tell her it's just like firing a .22. lol.[wink]

Back
Top Bottom