MA LTC tied to drivers license/real ID...

Not saying that they aren't doing that , but I just renewed my LTC and the officer took my picture when I turned in the paperwork. I live in nowhere land though , so that could be part of it. šŸ˜‚
Living in nowhere land probably is the reason you had a new picture taken. BPD seems to everything it can to discourage the citizenry from coming to its fortress on Tremont Street.

Living in nowhere land probably is the reason you had a new picture taken. BPD seems to everything it can to discourage the citizenry from coming to its fortress on Tremont Street.
Haverhill has made the process much easier. Drop the renewal app and check off at the front desk. 6 to 7 weeks later you get a call that your ltc is in. That's it.

My original LTC issued in 2017 had a photo of me taken at BPD headquarters. When I renewed my LTC in 2023 the new one had my drivers license photo instead of the photo from 2017. So absolutely MA is cross-referencing DLs and LTCs.
Same here.
When my LTC was renewed they used my registry photo rather than the one the Chief took at the Police Station.

same way when a Leo pulls you over and runs your DL, he comes back with 'you have a LTC'.
There are 2 possibilities; the software they are using to run queries/MV/background checks, or how thorough the officer/and or dispatcher is in running individual checks. I've been out of the game for 2 years now, but we never had software that checked for LTC automatically when running a license or plate. When I was on the desk I had to go to a separate screen to run LTC checks (usually for domestic violence calls/fights at a residence). I had heard rumors about a decade ago that NJSP has that type of software. I don't know what agencies in Mass that have it.

There are 2 possibilities; the software they are using to run queries/MV/background checks, or how thorough the officer/and or dispatcher is in running individual checks. I've been out of the game for 2 years now, but we never had software that checked for LTC automatically when running a license or plate. When I was on the desk I had to go to a separate screen to run LTC checks (usually for domestic violence calls/fights at a residence).
I suppose some states might put the local LTC status on the "main" screen? Pretty much any LE agency can (will) sign up to be able to run a NLETS/CWQ query.
I had heard rumors about a decade ago that NJSP has that type of software. I don't know what agencies in Mass that have it.
Even in states which don't populate the nationwide database, if they have the data, it will be available to in-state LE and maybe local feds.

There are persistent claims that Maryland, NY, NJ state police cars bearing automatic license plate scanners are used to troll for out-of-state vehicles flagged as having a LTC in their home state.

Back
Top Bottom