Opinions on Ruger 45 ACP Double Action Model KP345PR

I have nothing to offer other then it feels really good in the hand and I also would like to hear from people who have experience with it.

from what ive heard if you have small hands stay away...people were saying you need hands like a gorilla to properly manipulate the controls on it

my hands arent the biggest and i had no problem with it

Can't say I have shot it. Once a long time I ago I handled it in a store and dry fired it and the DA was excellent. Almost Sig like. I did not think to check the reset. The grip felt great and I did not check the controls for ease of manipulation.

I would rather have a used S&W 457 than a new Ruger 345. Even the price difference between them new isn't that much. Used the difference is about $80 dollars.

They just had 3 used ones at four seasons for $400 and they flew out the door in a couple of days.

The 457 is a trouble free pistol. It will shoot any thing you feed it. You can get them in DOA or S/DA. They also come in SS or flat black. I like my flat black it takes a real beating and always looks new.

I got my D/SA about 5 years ago and have run about 2000 rounds through it with out one problem.

The Ruger is a good pistol and offered at a good price. But I really thing the S&W 457 for a few extra bucks is a lot better pistol.

Last edited:
Way better, Buggs, way better. Been shooting 457's since they first came out and are flawlessly reliable and accurate. But to answer the original question, the 345 is quite nice, surprising too since I'm not a Ruger fan. But it's a very nice shooting gun. I had no problems with the controls. Just so you know, The Gun Room has a nice used 457 for $319.95. Took a peek at it last night. Looks very nice.

Back
Top Bottom