• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Orlando - checkpointing the entire downtown area

PeterC

NES Member

Fortunately (I suppose):

"Under Florida law, however, the only people who will go through the metal detectors are those who volunteer and weapons can also be seized if an individual does not have a permit or if police have probable cause."

Does refusing to go thru the checkpoint detectore constitute 'Probably Cause' ? ;-)

Fortunately (I suppose):

"Under Florida law, however, the only people who will go through the metal detectors are those who volunteer and weapons can also be seized if an individual does not have a permit or if police have probable cause."

Does refusing to go thru the checkpoint detectore constitute 'Probably Cause' ? ;-)
Controlled access is the future. Drip-drip.

Fortunately (I suppose):

There are so many states I would have considered moving to a few years ago, but they all recently shifted one way or the other to where I now look at them and think, nope, too far.

Yeah. You guys seem like the Orlando Nightclub types. [rofl] [rofl]

Seems like FL law is pretty clear and it's a non-issue for anyone. Basically it's giving them an excuse to have a police presence and give a would-be mass shooter something to think about.

Although, your normal brain-damaged mass shooter isn't going to car about some cops and dags.

They’re not going to stop the drunk people headed to their cars to drive right? Don’t want to scare away the bar and club patrons.

Yeah. You guys seem like the Orlando Nightclub types. [rofl] [rofl]

Seems like FL law is pretty clear and it's a non-issue for anyone. Basically it's giving them an excuse to have a police presence and give a would-be mass shooter something to think about.

Although, your normal brain-damaged mass shooter isn't going to car about some cops and dags.

lol. the mass shooter just shoots the cops and checkpoint attendants first, and takes their guns.

concealed means concealed

They’re not going to stop the drunk people headed to their cars to drive right? Don’t want to scare away the bar and club patrons.

I’ve said for years that MA could replace the income tax by running DUI checkpoints on Rt1 after every Pats game. I never understood paying $100 for a ticket and $250 in beer to not remember the game. “Itwazf’inazzum!”

I’ve said for years that MA could replace the income tax by running DUI checkpoints on Rt1 after every Pats game. I never understood paying $100 for a ticket and $250 in beer to not remember the game. “Itwazf’inazzum!”
100 bux a ticket? What kinda hookup you got?

I haven’t been in years but I don’t think you’re getting into the nose bleeds for 100 bux.

It would be the best gun control scheme MA has ever come up with without a doubt. Endless amounts of people so dangerous they must now be federally prohibited.

Back
Top Bottom