Packing the court

PSA: Get off your asses.

I know the sheer volume of BS coming out of Washington is getting a bit overwhelming, that's their strategy. Suck it up, pick up the phone, write the mail, send the email and tell them HELL NO to court expansion. Focus on everyone up for election 2022. There is no mandate to expand the court - it can be stopped. But if it's met by silence? Well, it's been nice while it lasted.

I think we are maybe decades past the point where calling or writing letters to an elected official is going to make one iota of difference. Maybe it never mattered, but it sure as hell doesn't matter now.

When you said get off your asses I thought you meant it was time to act. I can write letters and make calls from my ass. [smile]

It's the left that's trying to convince everyone that society is fundamentally broken from top to bottom. They hate the constitution and the protections inside. The whole thing is under assault from the left, why not pack the courts?
Totally agree. SCOTUS had opportunities to do something about it but decided to ignore the problem and pussy out instead.

Now they will suffer the consequences (along with the people) as a once great, apolitical and independent body and check on the power of the Legislature and Executive branches is completely destroyed.

I think we are maybe decades past the point where calling or writing letters to an elected official is going to make one iota of difference. Maybe it never mattered, but it sure as hell doesn't matter now.

When you said get off your asses I thought you meant it was time to act. I can write letters and make calls from my ass. [smile]

I can assure you with the amazing abilities of humans to act when Peak of Stupidity is reached. History teaches us, that we, humans, do not react early enough, though. We need the pain and the suffering to fully understand that our rules are no more and our lives are no more what we've planned for ourselves. We gave Russia to commies and we gave Europe to Hitler, just to be nice and follow the fragrance of peace. Then, we were dying by millions to get the hell out from what could have been prevented if we would have acted early enough and without any illusions.

We are now entering the illusion stage. Wondering aimlessly around like sheep without a sheepdog. We know wolves are coming, but we pray they have eaten somewhere else already and they may be full.

We are fools!

I can assure you with the amazing abilities of humans to act when Peak of Stupidity is reached. History teaches us, that we, humans, do not react early enough, though. We need the pain and the suffering to fully understand that our rules are no more and our lives are no more what we've planned for ourselves. We gave Russia to commies and we gave Europe to Hitler, just to be nice and follow the fragrance of peace. Then, we were dying by millions to get the hell out from what could have been prevented if we would have acted early enough and without any illusions.

We are now entering the illusion stage. Wondering aimlessly around like sheep without a sheepdog. We know wolves are coming, but we pray they have eaten somewhere else already and they may be full.

We are fools!

Just this morning my wife, after coming to terms with the realities of the Biden administration, the US government in general, and the people surrounding us here in the Boston suburbs, proposed moving our family (3 kids + her dad at least) out of state. Long story short, our conversation sort of tapered off when I started explaining how there's no way I can leave my job in the city, maybe ever. If we're moving it's to NH or nowhere, and to be honest I don't think we're really all that serious about it... yet.

So yeah, you're absolutely right with all of this. We are fools.

Just this morning my wife, after coming to terms with the realities of the Biden administration, the US government in general, and the people surrounding us here in the Boston suburbs, proposed moving our family (3 kids + her dad at least) out of state. Long story short, our conversation sort of tapered off when I started explaining how there's no way I can leave my job in the city, maybe ever. If we're moving it's to NH or nowhere, and to be honest I don't think we're really all that serious about it... yet.

So yeah, you're absolutely right with all of this. We are fools.

Thank you! [bow]

I know because I was fool myself! I was in the commie Air Force and only when the Soviets shut down civilian Korean Airliner I have realized that one day I will be asked to kill innocent people just because of f up system. So, I escaped.

Then, I arrived here hoping communism will not come here.

What a fool!

Last edited:

Maybe you're right. But it's slightly better than doing nothing which is what most folks do other than bitch. I used to marvel at all the talk about issues when I was in MA but when it came time to show up at a hearing or rally all you got was, "I have to go soccer practice" or "I'm expecting a delivery". You really think if someone can't be motivated to write a letter or make a phone call, or god forbid show up in person, they'll be standing behind you when things go south? Staying engaged has value. Plus it gets you on all the cool government lists.

Maybe you're right. But it's slightly better than doing nothing which is what most folks do other than bitch. I used to marvel at all the talk about issues when I was in MA but when it came time to show up at a hearing or rally all you got was, "I have to go soccer practice" or "I'm expecting a delivery". You really think if someone can't be motivated to write a letter or make a phone call, or god forbid show up in person, they'll be standing behind you when things go south? Staying engaged has value. Plus it gets you on all the cool government lists.

The few times I made the trip in to the state house for one of those hearings the 2A crowd was very well represented (with numbers - not personal grooming-wise [smile] ).

Outside of cranking pissy, rhetorical emails off to my reps now and then I've never written a letter or picked up a phone to try to convince my liberal elected officials to see things my way. I can't think of a bigger waste of time or effort.

Last edited:
The few times I made the trip in to the state house for one of those hearings the 2A crowd was very well represented (with numbers - personal grooming-wise [smile] ).

Outside of cranking pissy, rhetorical emails off to my reps now and then I've never written a letter or picked up a phone to try to convince my liberal elected officials to see things my way. I can't think of a bigger waste of time or effort.
It was good to see folks at the state house, but well represented? 1/2 of 1% of gun owners? 1/4%? Then it goes quiet and Dems do what Dems do.
I still believe there's intermediate actions between sitting on the couch eating Cheetos and going up on the roof for the end times. Wasted time and effort? Maybe. I've got ten minutes to spare.

It was good to see folks at the state house, but well represented? 1/2 of 1% of gun owners? 1/4%? Then it goes quiet and Dems do what Dems do.
I still believe there's intermediate actions between sitting on the couch eating Cheetos and going up on the roof for the end times. Wasted time and effort? Maybe. I've got ten minutes to spare.
I admire your persistence and optimism. I vote roof top.

She’s giving the impression that this will be a reasoned decision, and that JoJo's ultra liberal commission studying the topic will have the last word. I wouldn't put any more stock in it. It's all theater.

It's interesting that this c*** is saying that changes in the US economy "might necessitate such a thing" (court packing). Watch for that bullshit, nonsensical excuse to be swung around as justification for adding more justices somehow.

Last edited:
Stopped Clock, right twice a day:

Pelosi rejects fellow Democrats’ ‘court-packing’ bill, will not bring it to vote​

which means she will bring it up to vote in the next few weeks. She is part of the enabling of the radical left.

Back
Top Bottom