parkerizing

Producer

NES Member
I want to parkerize (Spell) 2 of my guns that has some rust starting. One of my best friends owns a body shop and is willing to help me out.

Are there any instructions on this? I want to avoid getting a kit as I will probably have all the parts and chemicals.

These chemicals are extremely DANGEROUS when inhaled!

There is a reason why there are damn few plating companies around.

I do NOT suggest that anyone try this at home unless they are going to do it in a barn and wear scuba gear to protect their lungs.

I'm real serious about this. I used to supervise a plating operation (printed circuit boards). Years later I watched one of my former employees die of throat cancer. Also some former co-workers told me a long list of names of other former employees who had contracted (or died of) cancer in that group. I'm sure that there was a link, but it was never the subject of any investigations.

Thanks for the head up Lens. However I have access to full gear and and a spray room. Will definitely take my health into consideration when/if I move forward.

I can find cheap kits all over the net, but not the basic instructions, other then that Kitchen link.

One of my concerns is when I vlast the gun clean, I want to make sure I keep the logos and serial numbers.

Back
Top Bottom