Parts/Support in MA. Glock vs S&W vs Sig

So I’ve been shooting a handful of times now and tried out several of the potential first guns for myself.

While I really like the P365XL, I think something slightly larger will be better in a home defense scenario, especially if my wife needs to handle it. (My goal is to get her down the range with me soon, she’s going to be getting her LTC as well).

for Compacts I’ve shot the Glock 19, Sig P320 Compact, and M&P 2.0 9c. I really liked the Glock the best so far.

Now, I know that I can buy a Glock in MA with only a little bit of work. My question is more on the parts/support world. If I need a new part, or some level of service (OEM warranty or aftermarket) am I better off going with a gun readily available for sale from dealers in MA? Or is the wide world of Glock aftermarket generally able to be purchased/shipped to MA?

The issue currently is parts availability, which is impacting all brands and all gun owners across the US. Any brand you buy, save for some weird imports, will have parts that can be shipped to you easily, when they’re available.

Also remember that most dealers aren’t going to fix your gun. You’ll be shipping it to either a gunsmith or back to the factory. Sig or Glock doesn’t matter a lot if you need to mail a gun to their factory to be fixed (or fix it yourself).

Buy something reliable that you like and shoot well. I wouldn’t worry about the service unless you want something known for being a lemon.

Thanks guys. One area of gun ownership I don’t know enough about is service/repair. But it makes sense that I’d be working with the OEM in any case.

If you like the Glock 19, you could build yourself a P80 using a readily available complete Glock slide and some decent trigger group parts.

I know a 43X is a hard find in MA, but it is a slightly smaller version of the 19 and a nice gun

The problem is, and as much as I like Glocks, those of you in MA don't get to buy them for even MSRP.... where the Sig 365 line is readily available in MA for reasonable money

If you like the Glock 19, you could build yourself a P80 using a readily available complete Glock slide and some decent trigger group parts.

I know a 43X is a hard find in MA, but it is a slightly smaller version of the 19 and a nice gun

The problem is, and as much as I like Glocks, those of you in MA don't get to buy them for even MSRP.... where the Sig 365 line is readily available in MA for reasonable money
No glock is hard to find in MA. And can be had for normal prices. You avoid this by not shopping at the deli ticket emporium

I’ve had CZ’s and Dan Wesson’s sent back for repair/replacement numerous times. None of which are MA compliant.

let me know when you find a LNIB 43X for $375 dollars in MA, cause that is a NH price
That is a good price. I can’t find any online retailers with a price that low.
Anyway, here’s a quick example.

After shipping, 3% CC fee, and my dealers transfer fee, it’s about $515 out the door.

Cheaper if I can find a NH shop who’s selling it for $375 and ships it to my dealer.

Its been my experience when you NEED a part its no where to be found!
If your worried about parts
Buy 2 or at minimum buy a known wear item repair kit.
I dont think you will have problems as far as factory service goes. Honestly unless a warranty issue you should have no problem finding a smith local to do anything you may need.
As for the wife set her free and let her decide what works for her.
Only thing my wife and I agree on is we both like larger grips even though we both have small hands. She prefers shooting the 45 , says it dont sting like the 9mm and 357
The hammerless snub 38spl she likes also.

let me know when you find a LNIB 43X for $375 dollars in MA, cause that is a NH price
Lol you done ripped em off. Nice score. Although that's probably fair, given it's still higher than a trade in value.

Last edited:
Its been my experience when you NEED a part its no where to be found!
If your worried about parts
Buy 2 or at minimum buy a known wear item repair kit.
I dont think you will have problems as far as factory service goes. Honestly unless a warranty issue you should have no problem finding a smith local to do anything you may need.
As for the wife set her free and let her decide what works for her.
Only thing my wife and I agree on is we both like larger grips even though we both have small hands. She prefers shooting the 45 , says it dont sting like the 9mm and 357
The hammerless snub 38spl she likes also.
My Ruger PC carbine is a great gun but the bolt is full of pins and springs that can get easily lost so I decided to order extra's from Ruger plus some other small easily lost parts, they sent them to me no charge.

That’s a Blue Label price. But yes, MA residents can pay close to that price. Just need to add FFL transfer fees. Annoying, but better than NES classified prices.

No

ETA: i think even the blue label professional skinflint price is higher than that.

Blue label 43x non-MOS is $380

Back
Top Bottom