Peabody Officer hit on Route 1 while working a detail

I worked on rt 1 in Danvers and it was like bumper cars every day. My cousin, a retired State Trooper, was rear ended on 95 in Danvers then way back I was ticketed by a Middleton Cop several weeks before an old lady killed him at a work site, he could throw the book at me but somehow I managed to get him laughing at was given a minor speeding ticket.

I hope he has a full recovery.

You guys are failing miserably if you want to maintain the image that NES is anti cop. With that said I hope he has a full and complete recovery with no lingering affects.

People need to watch what they are doing while behind the wheel.
“It’s still a preliminary investigation,’’ she said at the scene. “Because it’s an active work zone, that is a contributing factor too. The roadway was wet, that comes into play.’’
Wet road, pay attention. WORK ZONE, pay attention even more. This isn't rocket science, society! [banghead]

Get well, Officer.

I hope that he recovers quickly.

Unfortunately people don't pay attention while driving, especially in work zones! I work on the highways every day with troopers on my details. We have close calls every single day!! It wasn't that long ago that our crash truck was hit on Rt. 1 in Peabody by a driver that was under the influence. The guy never even hit the brakes. The detail trooper was very thankful that I told him to park in front of the crash truck instead of behind it like he was supposed to...If I followed our safety rules the trooper would have been hit instead of the crash truck..

Back
Top Bottom