Pearce Grip has lost my business

Pearce Grips have pissed me off. I bought guy three +1 extensions of theirs, for my 43. Installed and loaded up a mag. With 7 rounds, the f***ing slide won’t rack. It jams on the rearward stroke. All three mags have the same issue. So I do some online work, and find out that the retaining piece for the base plate is too long (it’s shaped like an “L”) the short leg is vertical in the mag, and with 7 rounds, it hits the mag follower when the slide depresses the rounds as you rack.

“Fix” is sanding down the top edge on the short leg. I called and emailed Pearce customer service about it, and no one ever got back to me. I did the hack, and it worked, but I’m never buying their shit again.

I have two of the Pearce +1s for my G43, I've yet to have a problem.
I tried multiple times to rack the slide. Nada. Took the mags apart, thinking maybe I assembled them wrong, or something was bound up. Didn’t find an issue. Reassembled and had the same problem with all three. Once the leg was sanded down, they racked, but it needs to be an “aggressive” rack or the slide won’t go into battery. Said screw it. Dropped the money for Taran Tactical replacements.

I tried multiple times to rack the slide. Nada. Took the mags apart, thinking maybe I assembled them wrong, or something was bound up. Didn’t find an issue. Reassembled and had the same problem with all three. Once the leg was sanded down, they racked, but it needs to be an “aggressive” rack or the slide won’t go into battery. Said screw it. Dropped the money for Taran Tactical replacements.

All three doing that seems like more than just a fluke, that's crazy. I suppose I got lucky with mine.

How do you find the Taran extensions? I only went with Pearce because they were a third of the price.

I have seven of the Pierce+1 extensions for my Glock 43.

Yup, seven.
Two for my carry gun in GA, loaded with defensive ammo.
Two for my carry gun in CT, loaded with defensive ammo.
Three in my range bag for shooting IDPA BUG.

They all work fine.
I've run multiple mags of my defensive ammo through my carry mags and multiple mags of FMJ through my BUG mags.

Not sure what to say to you.

That's weird... I have Pearce +1 extensions for my Glock 43 and have not had any issues. Maybe yours was a fluke. Either way, bad customer service is sucky :(

lol there are 10x better things for the 43 but not for skinflints, like taran tactical, etc...

lol there are 10x better things for the 43 but not for skinflints, like taran tactical, etc...

I tried the Taran Tactial extension; didn't like it.
The Pierce+1 feels good in my hand.
It's not the extra round so much, although that doesn't hurt - it's the support for my pinky.
I had to take a dremel to the bottom of the ones I use for BUG competition to get them to fit in the box; they were maybe an eighth of an inch too long.

My Taran Tactical +1's for my G43 work great, never a problem. However the +2 don't and I would not trust them.

My +2 works fine, my guess is if yours doesn't there's some kind of mag revision in play or similar. A lot of (small) changes happened with the 43 after it came out.

I'm not sure a little fitting to make an aftermarket "upgrade" work isn't "normal". If the fitment is beyond the scope of the mighty Dremel maybe a phone call is in order.

Back
Top Bottom