Pelham, NH Appleseed April 17-18 2010

Range: PELHAM FISH & GAME

Address: 90 Simpson Mill Rd., Pelham, NH

When: April 17-18, 2010
On-site check-in opens at 8 AM; shoot begins at 8:30 AM

Range Fee: $10 per day; Kids under 18, active military or Guard, and women are exempt

Camping available: Yes, for a nominal fee; 20 primitive, 40 w/electric and water; Fires not allowed, but grills are OK. Contact range for reservation - Mike Nastek, 978-815-1764 email - [email protected]

Hotels:
Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 At Exit 2)
1 Keewaydin Drive, Salem, NH
877-410-6681 (2.96 miles away)

La Quinta Inn & Suites Salem
8 Keewaydin Dr, Salem, NH
603-893-4722 (2.96 miles away)

Red Roof Inn
15 Red Roof Ln, Salem, NH
603-898-6422 (3.44 miles away)

Park View Inn
109 S Broadway, Salem, NH
603-898-5632 (4.06 miles away)

Great Eagle Motel
2 Sullivan Rd, Hudson, NH
603-889-3998 (4.24 miles away)

Directions:
From Interstate 93 (either north or south) get off at exit 2. Turn right at the bottom of the ramp and go to the 1st traffic light (northbound exit) or the 2nd light (southbound exit). Turn right on S. Policy St. and travel about 1 mile. Turn right onto Rt.38 south. Stay on Rt38 for 3.7 miles. Turn right onto Hobbs Rd. You'll see the blue Pelham Fish and Game sign right before Hobbs. Take Hobbs for 3/10ths of a mile and turn right on Simpson Mill Rd. Stay on Simpson Mill Rd for 1 mile. The main club entrance will be on your right.

MapQuest Map - location of Pelham Fish and Game

GPS:
Latitude: N 42° 45.5454'
Longitude: W 71° 17.8764'

Latitude: N 42.75909°
Longitude: W 71.29794°

State Laws to be aware of: Check State Laws at http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/

Misc: April 19th shoot includes synchronized, nation-wide volleys for the fallen. Pre-registration, below, strongly recommended. Center fire rifles OK all ranges. Nearby Restaurants -
Peking Garden
150 Bridge St, Pelham, NH
603-635-7108 (2.32 miles away)

Quiznos
603-635-8342 (2.32 miles away)

T J's Roast Beef & Pizza
603-635-9906 (2.32 miles away)

Lobster Tail Restaurant & Fish
4 Cobbetts Pond Rd, Windham, NH
603-434-8245 (2.51 miles away)

Black Water Grill
43 Pelham Rd, Salem, NH
603-328-9013 (2.61 miles away)

Alicia's Diner
116 Bridge St, Pelham, NH
603-635-0992 (2.72 miles away)

Uncle Jimmy's Rib Co.
32 Horseshoe Rd, Windham, NH
603-898-1270 (2.87 miles away)

For More Information Contact: John Barnes via PM Firewall99 on the RWVA forum, phone - 888-221-8628 or email - [email protected]

Registration Link: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/485068854

Is there a minimum required age at the Pelham Fish and Game or for Appleseed events?
I signed up for this event and want to bring my son. He is 11 years old, will he be allowed to attend?

Appleseed lets the parents decide, since they are the best judge of the extent of their child's development. I do not know of any club restrictions in this regard.

As of last night this event is about 25% full. If your thinking about registering I would recommend doing it soon before the flood of registrations rolls in. Only about 5 weeks to go before the big day. Hope to see you there!

Just over four weeks to go and this event is just shy of 50% full... if your contemplating registering, I would sign up soon or you may have to travel further to get to an appleseed for April 19th weekend!

It will take quite a cataclysm to cancel this event, but I'll let you know if the apocalypse happens in April.

Glad to see an NESer signed up.... will I see any more of you in April?

It will take quite a cataclysm to cancel this event, but I'll let you know if the apocalypse happens in April.

Considering we shoot in rain, sleet, snow or sunshine, it'd take a LOT to cancel an AS. Fire on the range (Happened in FL last year), lack of instructors or a BOD with a wild hair up their collective rear ends are the only things that I can think of that can cancel it.

As of last night there are only 16 spots left, these might fill quick, especially when Harvard sells out soon too. If you've been on the line about registering I recommend doing it now, we very well might not have room for walk ons.

This shoot looks like it will be in the rain as well. No matter, just come prepared. Raingear will make the weekend much more enjoyable. Bring a good shooting mat and perhaps a tarp.

Anyone that might have any popup shelters.... they may come in handy.

Glad to see an NESer signed up.... will I see any more of you in April?

This guy :)

This shoot looks like it will be in the rain as well. No matter, just come prepared. Raingear will make the weekend much more enjoyable. Bring a good shooting mat and perhaps a tarp.

Anyone that might have any popup shelters.... they may come in handy.

I'll try to remember to put my EZ-up(assuming that's what you were referring to?) in the Jeep before Saturday. Good idea!

Last edited:
Tarps are good rain or shine.

Put the tarp down, then the mat on top of it. Catches brass for easy cleanup, or if things get muddy, keeps you off the mud.

What a wet, cold and AWESOME weekend.
Thanks so much Ninsho, his wife, smithy and all of the other instructors.

My son and I did not make rifleman and we had a lot of frustrating attempts but overall we learned a lot. I would say that we both improved our marksmanship at least 100%.
It was a good time, especially the second day. I would highly recommend anyone that owns a rifle attend an Appleseed.

Thank you for coming! Especially coming back the second day.

You and your son made tremendous improvements over the weekend.

You didn't make it this time, but you are definitely close and have the knowledge you need to get the extra 5% you need to get that score. There are plenty of shoots coming up, so get that practice and we'll try it again real soon.

I'll post the full AAR tomorrow when I'm a little less exhausted but I did need to share the good news.

Of the ~30 shooters for the weekend... and the 23 on the line today, we had an outstanding 11 Riflemen. I kid you not. We had an outstanding group of shooters this weekend who all wanted to learn. Of the remaining 12 who did not make rifleman today at least 5 or 6 were consistently shooting between 195 and 209 by the end of the day and will make it next time when they aren't quite so tired. The rest all made serious improvements this weekend and aren't far behind the group knocking on the door.

How many shooters did the other NH shoots have this weekend in total? [devil][devil2]

Last edited:
I would like to commend Nick and his Appleseeder's for the tremendous effort they put forth this weekend.
Given the weather that New England tosses our way.
The showing was fantastic and the stamina of the shooters outstanding.
I encourage our Club to sponsor these events often.

"Everyman, Woman & Junior a Rifleman"

Ask Nick about the next one in June being held at Pelham Fish & Game Club, Inc.

Respectfully,
Mike Nastek
V.P. Pelham Fish & Game Club

Back
Top Bottom