Pemigewasset Fish and Game 3-Gun End of Season Match October 25 and 26 Holderness NH

Pemigewasset Fish and Game http://www.pemi.org/ in NH weekend after next. Pemi is about 20 miles of the Loon exit on I-93. I went to a dry run version of this a couple of weekends ago and it promises to be excellent. Its going to be held over 2 days and you will have scheduled times i.e show up at 10 am shoot and leave. You carry all your ammo, have some of the guns staged, but you do the all the stages at one time, then the next guy goes. There is only one shooter on the course at a time. You run the course with bays on your left and right and finish with the final bay that promises to have a couple or more 100 to 200 yard shots up the hill. Probably 5-6 stages. See the info below remember you have to email Bob to sign up, he will assign you a starting time. Its a bit far (2 hrs from central Mass) but its worth it. Pemi/Bob puts on a great event.

daQuag

From Pemi

We have scheduled Oct 25 / 26 for a 2 day, 3 gun event. We are planning to setup the entire action range – starting from the 200 yard pits (range entrance) and including all 8 bays as one big stage. It should take about 20 min per shooter to run the course and get back to the starting point. Score keepers will follow the shooter, scoring and setting up as they go. Shooters will need to register in advance with a desired time to shoot. We will then assign times for each shooter – with groups of 3-4 scheduled to arrive at the top of each hour. There will be a safety briefing for each group but the course will otherwise be blind (no descriptions). You will shoot the entire course carrying arifle and handgun plus all ammo needed. There will be pickup guns with ammo along the way. The shooter will move downrange with an SO and scorekeeper. Given the time commitment and pickup guns / ammo, we plan tocharge $50 per shooter. Please let me know now if you are interested so we can gauge the number of people and make a final decision on this event.
Folks,

I’ve had a bunch of inquiries about this match – here aresome updates:

1. All 8 bays will be setup and you will shoot them in sequence from the central road area (alternating left andright as bays appear) while moving north (toward the hill).
2. The course of fire will NOT be available – this will be a blind course.
3. There will be caution tape to keep you from entering the bays (the SO’s are skittish about looking down gun barrels). There may be areas where you must shoot from cover – these will be boldly marked. You cannot backup or turn more than 90 degrees at any time.
4. Round counts are likely to be around 75-100 rifle, 40 handgun and 20+ shotgun.
5. You will start with the shotgun in hand. Extra shotgun rounds can be staged but you will carry the rifle and handgunrounds. You will be asked to have a “dump pouch” and retain magazines.
6. There may be staged “pickup” guns – ammo will beprovided with these.
7. We encourage the use of rifle slings but willhave tables for people who want to stage or put the gun down. Either wayyou MUST put the safety on when transitioning – we want you to verbalize“safety on” with this process or else the SO will ask.
8. Match fee will be $50 to cover larger setup andpickup gun ammo. We have one and are buying 2 more moving targetssuitable for attaching a flag for long range shots (out to 200+ yards)
9. I’ve started a sign-up list. People who requested time slots are so listed. Others who expressed interest withouta preference are at the bottom. Please get back to me with the best dayand time.

email Bob Klimm
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom