• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

People don't even notice the quote link uparrow

AHM

NES Member
Symptom:

No one realizes that text quoted from forum posts includes a link to the source post.

I've now had two PM correspondents ask me where properly quoted text came from,
even though the beige quote header...

<author> says:

...includes a blue uparrow following the author name
hyperlinking directly to the post where the quote originated.

Diagnosis:

The upwards arrow character is so thin that no one can see it without a magnifying glass.

Cure:

Make the upwards arrow character bigger.

The default arrow...
...is "&uarr;".

Bolding it doesn't really make it bigger - it actually makes it gray!

Try bolding the upwards double arrow "&uArr;" instead...

Note:

Maybe some users will think the bold upwards double arrow depicts a house;
perhaps denoting where the quote "lives".

If they want to believe that,
who are we to deny them their little fantasy?

Symptom:

No one realizes that text quoted from forum posts includes a link to the source post.

I always knew that the arrow indicated the poster being quoted, but never knew it was a hot link as well. Thanks for the clarification. I run the dark screen and I see a white arrow until I put the cursor on the arrow and then it turns red.

I always knew that the arrow indicated the poster being quoted, but never knew it was a hot link as well. Thanks for the clarification. I run the dark screen and I see a white arrow until I put the cursor on the arrow and then it turns red.
I actually couldn't make out the blue color at the time I wrote the problem report.
Might be brighter on my Android devices...

Oh, so that's what it is. I just thought it was a symbol for a member of the male toxic masculinity club, except smaller and neutered.

latest

On a serious note, thanks for pointing that out.

Back
Top Bottom