Pics from IDPA Handgunner (dial-up warning)

Chris

NES Member
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
Safety and Instruction are serious business when it comes to firearms, but there was still plenty of time to have some fun and joke around. Here, Chris and Ken have a laugh while getting ready to show students the proper methods of drawing from the holster.

Aug27-2.JPG

And whatever you do, "Don't shoot yourself in the foot". Chris and Ken detail the hazards of drawing and holstering.

Aug27-7.JPG

For the Live Fire drills, Ken slowly conducts the drill so that the students can see what is expected while Chris narrates in the background.

Aug27-5.JPG

Good Solid Hits are emphisized. Speed can come later. Ken makes sure every hit counts as he makes a mess of the center of the head area.

Aug27-4.JPG

But then, we got down to business and ran the drills. In this scene, Ken and Darius are leading Brian through the Second string of Stage 1. Brian is using 'Tactical Sequence' to neutralize equal threat targets using a barrel for cover.

Aug27-1.JPG

And Finally, in the 'Gas Stop' stage, Chris and Phil are watching Charles defend himself from the 5 men that came from the Ford Van (license 'YERDED') who wanted no witnesses to the full tank of fuel they inteded to run off with. Charles used good shooting to neutralize the threats while leaving the flustered woman from the Lexus unharmed.

Aug27-3.JPG

Chris, unable to keep all evil out of his stages forces a shooter to stow his firearm in a box that is really a wee bit too small. Notice that the gun is situated so that the shooter will grab it with his left hand. Yup, weak hand drills! Also notice the grin on the SO's face. Evil Evil course designer.

Aug27-6.JPG

One of the purposes of the drills was get the students used to scoring and Chris made an effort to call out the scores and why certain hits were scored certain ways.

Aug27-8.JPG

Hope you enjoied the pics. Again thanks to Jon Green for the photos.

*Some photos in this section were staged for the camera. All firearms in such photos were verified as unloaded. Persons taking photos of firearms should be aware of the dangers involved and no safety should be compromised for the sake of art. The persons used in the staged photos were selected for their skill at arms and were under the direction of firearm experts at all time. Do not attempt similar photos.

Hamar said:
Nice job with the pics. That range looks alot like Pelham NH. Where was that class held?

I'd like to try IDPA at some point.

Hamar, that's the 50 yard range at Riverside Gun Club. We're not having any more IDPA shoots/practices this year, but we will have a planning meeting in February to lay out the new season.

It's a little bit of a drive from the South Shore, but not much. It's about 10 minutes off from the intersection of I290 & I495.

BTW... welcome aboard.

Ross

Thanks! That sure looks like a nice place to shoot. Maybe next season I'll make a trek out that way. I'm an IPSC shooter mostly but wouldnt mind trying a different game.

Everyone's welcome - and in fact, several of the shooters hang out here (Cross-X, Chris, DR, Ozman and others who's names I'm zoning on right now).

I would like to try this out next year as well... Please keep us updated so I can make plans.

Thanks
Adam

Back
Top Bottom