• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pigeons?

I need pigeons for training my GSP. I dont need anything crazy like homing or rolling or whatever, just regular ole pigeons...anyone got a source? Ill trap them if i have to but would rather purchase them for a few bucks each or take em off a pest control company.

I need pigeons for training my GSP. I dont need anything crazy like homing or rolling or whatever, just regular ole pigeons...anyone got a source? Ill trap them if i have to but would rather purchase them for a few bucks each or take em off a pest control company.

geez i dunno how to trap them but they are all over my yard throughout the day. its not as bad as the crow guy on the other thread but dang.

I guess if you have a long handled fishing net, a cage or dog crate, and some stale bread, its fairly easy. If you have these items and want some extra cash, let me know hahahaha

Don't get caught.

(4) Liberation. No person shall liberate or cause or allow to be liberated any live fish, amphibian, reptile, bird, or mammal, except in accordance with 321 CMR 2.15. The director may require, as a condition of a liberation permit, that he or his agent be provided an opportunity to be present at any liberation of fish and wildlife. Only the following fish species may be considered for liberation: brook trout, brown bullhead, brown trout, chain pickerel, golden shiner, largemouth bass, pumpkinseed, rainbow trout, white sucker, yellow perch. Only the following wildlife species may be considered for liberation: ringnecked pheasant, bobwhite quail, snowshoe hare. Applications for liberation permits may be denied if the Director determines that the fish or wildlife species for the proposed liberation would not be compatible with the fish or wildlife species or management practices on the lands or waters indicated on the permit application. Except as otherwise provided in 321 CMR 2.15, no fish or wildlife shall be liberated within Massachusetts prior to the issuance of a liberation permit.

(5) Exceptions to Liberation Requirement. Notwithstanding the provisions of 321 CMR 2.15(4):

(a) a wildlife rehabilitator licensed pursuant to 321 CMR 2.13 may transport within Massachusetts and liberate rehabilitated wildlife in accordance with the provisions and restrictions of 321 CMR 2.13(22)(a);

(b) a problem animal control agent licensed pursuant to 321 CMR 2.14(3) or (18) may liberate problem animals at the site of capture in accordance with 321 CMR 2.14(23)(a), or may transport within Massachusetts such animals to a licensed wildlife rehabilitator;

(c) a person possessing a current and valid Class 11 raptor salvage permit in accordance with 321 CMR 3.04(1)(e), may transport within Massachusetts and liberate rehabilitated raptors;

(d) a person holding a commercial shooting preserve permit pursuant to 321 CMR 2.05 may liberate on such preserve those game birds specified in 321 CMR 2.05(14);

(e) a person holding a Class 2 public stocking license pursuant to 321 CMR 4.09, or a Class 5 special propagator's license pursuant to 321 CMR 2.12, or the equivalent Letter Permit, may liberate fish, birds, or mammals, as the case may be, when so authorized in such license;

(f) a person holding a Class 8 quail license, or the equivalent dog training license, or a Class 4 license issued for the sole purpose of possessing pheasant and quail for the purpose of training dogs, may liberate and recapture such quail or pheasant for dog training purposes only pursuant to 321 CMR 2.12;

(g) a person may liberate and recapture homing pigeons.

Are you going to keep these or use them someplace one time? The reason I ask is folks do mail order quail (and craigslist quail) which often return to a recall pen. Otherwise, I know of guys going under bridges with nets and traps and got pigeons that way.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom