Pistol Training.com newest endurance test: HK45

Given how many people rave about their Hk45, ToddG from Pistol Training.com is putting the HK45 through the harsh pace he has put the M&P 9 and HK P30.

It appears this just started so can find out how the platform performs from a harsh shooting cycle (talking 50,000+ rnds in under 1 year.

HK45 Endurance Test

So far through 3 weeks and 3,659 rounds: 0 stoppages 0 malfunctions 0 parts breakages.

i followed the M&P 9 test exclusivly on the M&P Pistol board. i was impressed, hence, i used to carry a M&P 9c and own a M&P 9 full size...

thanks for the link...

it's too bad for us ma**h***s [sad2]

I'm not a fan of the HK45, I like the USP series better. Interested to see however how it holds up although I think HK torture tests all models before they hit the market any ways.

I just past the 2500 round count through my P30L in the last month and a half. so far zero failures to feed, 0 failures to eject, and 1 occurrence of failure to get slide lock with an empty magazine. I love this gun. HK45 next.

Very happy I acquired my small HK collection long before moving to the People's Republic: P7 M8, P7 M13 and USP 9mm Full Size. Each of these weapons has had many thousands of rounds thru them - last weekend the USP was subject to use by multiple shooters (my guests at the range) and we went thru 500 rounds in about 2 hours - not one problem. In fact I have never encountered a problem with my HKs except a malfunction with the firing pin in the USP after 15 years of heavy use. Sent the weapon back to HK in Virginia and the HK pistolsmiths replaced and repaired for some nominal fee and returned in as good as new condition. Those were the days.

I'm not a fan of the HK45, I like the USP series better. Interested to see however how it holds up although I think HK torture tests all models before they hit the market any ways.

What don't you like about the HK45 series compared to the USP?

Just curious and stuff.

And I am sure that the HK would do well, the P30 did a great job after a few things were worked out.

What don't you like about the HK45 series compared to the USP?

Just curious and stuff.

And I am sure that the HK would do well, the P30 did a great job after a few things were worked out.

I am not answering for him, but owning both I will add that they are very different in terms of core design. The HK45 is a thin (but double stack), tight tolerance, ergonomic, 1911 geometry pistol built with a polymer frame. The USP is glock like, boxy with very loose tolerances. They clearly share a lot of similarities (the safety design, etc) but those are the differences.

I am not answering for him, but owning both I will add that they are very different in terms of core design. The HK45 is a thin (but double stack), tight tolerance, ergonomic, 1911 geometry pistol built with a polymer frame. The USP is glock like, boxy with very loose tolerances. They clearly share a lot of similarities (the safety design, etc) but those are the differences.

One thing that many people seem to dislike about the HK45 is its size for a 10+1 capacity. The USP .45 was a 12+1. That said, I love my HK45 and I carry an HK45c every day. The latter made it through a three-day class with about 1400 rounds fired, and not a single issue.

The only real functional difference between a USP .45 and the HK45 is the ergos of the grip frame and the profiling of the slide. Otherwise they might as well be the same gun. Whatever the results of this test are, they're not going to really be a surprise. [grin]

-Mike

I really liked my USP Tactical as it was extremely accurate and the trigger was THE best double action I have ever used and cycled very smoothly. I loved everything about it except for the grip which was a bit big for my hands. After buying & shooting my P30L I wanted to check out the HK45 and ended up getting one shortly thereafter because it fit my hand perfectly. The system is the exact same as the USP (recoil system, trigger/hammer/decocker etc.) except for the magazines which are slightly narrower but are the same length. The bullet stack is narrower which leads to the loss of 2 rounds over the USP magazine. Anyway...I haven't had any issues with my HK45 after about 9 months of regular shooting.

Back
Top Bottom