• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rifle/ Pistol range

Strictly speaking just because most clubs require something doesn’t make it easy
Your not wrong. However in this thread there are 2 mentions of andover gun and sportsman's club which requires a sponsor and from my understanding has age restrictions for what calibers minors can shoot. Thr indoor range is limited to 45acp no magnum calibers and a 10 round magazine limit. Outdoor range no magnum rifle cabers and a 10 round magazine limit.
Country pond has none of these restrictions and in fact INDOORS can shoot any rifle chambered in pistol cal including 500 magnum. No magazine restrictions anywhere. Outdoors any cal is allowed including cannons.....which have been fired on our range. But for some reason cpfg was singled out here.

Edit
Cape Ann was mentioned here and you can't shoot magnum loads indoors and no jacketed ammo🙄 and a sponsor is required to join

Last edited:
The rules are fairly relaxes. Currently Need a sponsor to join but most clubs do.
No rapid fire, no full auto. I belong to CPFG AND Londonderry, both have their good points. Londonderry: pretty much anything safe goes (sub guns/bump fire, Fudd Free Zone), no sponsor needed, but a 200+ waiting list, and old coots like us only pay $65 a year. CPFG is good too, nice (old) indoor pistol range open 24/7, but a bit pricy at $220 a year.

No rapid fire, no full auto. I belong to CPFG AND Londonderry, both have their good points. Londonderry: pretty much anything safe goes (sub guns/bump fire, Fudd Free Zone), no sponsor needed, but a 200+ waiting list, and old coots like us only pay $65 a year. CPFG is good too, nice (old) indoor pistol range open 24/7, but a bit pricy at $220 a year.
Yeah rapid fire limited to 2 to 3 rounds on centerfire on outdoor range due to issues with rounds going over the berm years ago. Rimfire you can rapid fire all you want outside. Indoors rapid fire no restrictions. Just my opinion.....those restrictions aren't that bad considering what other clubs in the area have for range rules.
220 a year.....I guess that's all relative to how much you actually use a club. I burn through more than $220 a week just in ammo ...the 220 a year I don't even consider.

Andover's can be pretty crowded on a Sunday AM. They do tours there about 8 or 9. Clubhouse has breakfast 7-9 $5. Ask for Harry he might even sponsor.

Andover's can be pretty crowded on a Sunday AM. They do tours there about 8 or 9. Clubhouse has breakfast 7-9 $5. Ask for Harry he might even sponsor.
I had no sponsor when I joined. In my experience as long as people are being safe, no one cares about mag limits or rapid fire. True regarding no magnum calibers indoors.

I'm not sure what you mean.
You don’t need to burn a few hundred dollars
worth of ammo every week to make gains in your shooting goals. The same progress, if not more, can be achieved with a box of 50 maybe twice a month and a f*** ton of dry fire.

Now if it’s just for fun, like the occasional mag dump or trying out new toys, by all means. Nothing wrong with that at all. I just think that shooting more ammo isn’t always a good thing as far as training goes. It’s quality, not quantity.

Andover Sportsmen's club

Probably best option, there’s 10 round limits and kids can’t shoot anything but .22. But nice otherwise. They have great free classes (women’s, kids, pistol accuracy, etc) too. Don’t think you need a sponsor unless that’s changed.

We’re looking to buy a second home in NH so I’ll find a range up there if we do.

You don’t need to burn a few hundred dollars
worth of ammo every week to make gains in your shooting goals. The same progress, if not more, can be achieved with a box of 50 maybe twice a month and a f*** ton of dry fire.

Now if it’s just for fun, like the occasional mag dump or trying out new toys, by all means. Nothing wrong with that at all. I just think that shooting more ammo isn’t always a good thing as far as training goes. It’s quality, not quantity.
😂

Can you tear the 9 and 10 rings out of an nra bullseye target at 50 feet one hand? How about clear a 6 plate rack at 25 feet in less than 2 seconds?
Hit 24 or 25 on every round of trap? 75 straight at trap?

Last edited:
Probably best option, there’s 10 round limits and kids can’t shoot anything but .22. But nice otherwise. They have great free classes (women’s, kids, pistol accuracy, etc) too. Don’t think you need a sponsor unless that’s changed.

We’re looking to buy a second home in NH so I’ll find a range up there if we do.
he
No f***ing way in hell I'm letting a board full of f***ing fudds tell me my kid can't shoot anything but a 22. My son was whacking deer with a 12 gauge slug and a 50 cal muzzle loader when he was 12. He also handled 357 magnum with no problems. He and other kids need a place to practice. Does andover have a thing against kids and hunting or is the board just f***ing retarded?

Last edited:
I had no sponsor when I joined. In my experience as long as people are being safe, no one cares about mag limits or rapid fire. True regarding no magnum calibers indoors.
Your right and almost right, Don't go nuts on rapid fire same with mags. there are rules just some were meant to be broken but, I didn't say that.

he
No f***ing way in hell I'm letting a board full of f***ing fudds tell me my kid can't shoot anything but a 22. My son was whacking deer with a 12 gauge slug and a 50 cal muzzle loader when he was 12. He also handled 357 magnum with no problems. He and other kids need a place to practice. Does andover have a thing against kids and hunting or is the board just f***ing retarded?

You’ll have to ask them.

Yeah rapid fire limited to 2 to 3 rounds on centerfire on outdoor range due to issues with rounds going over the berm years ago. Rimfire you can rapid fire all you want outside. Indoors rapid fire no restrictions. Just my opinion.....those restrictions aren't that bad considering what other clubs in the area have for range rules.
220 a year.....I guess that's all relative to how much you actually use a club. I burn through more than $220 a week just in ammo ...the 220 a year I don't even consider.

Damn, almost $1k of ammo in a month? lol

Screen name fits :)

Back
Top Bottom