Plinking on hunting land.

Is it lawful to practice while on land designated as "huntable" if thats a word? I'm dirt poor and I haven't been able to fire the .22 I got from EddieCoyle (Who very generously gave it to me free of charge) a year ago. All the clubs and ranges around me are at least $100 a year, and a rarely have more than 50 at any given time.

IANAL, but I would think as long as you stick to the 500'/150' rule, you should be fine. Also, I don't know your location, but LSA in South Leominster is $50/year for membership, with the first year being $85. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to check it out sometime.

Whats the 500/150 rule? South Leominster is about 35 minutes away, I should plan a trip one of these weekends.

No discharging of firearms within 500' of a residence without permission from the owners, and no discharge within 150' of a road.

I have heard that if a warden finds you ambling around the woods with a loaded gun it could be considered prima fascia evidence of either hunting or poaching unless you clearly have targets set up. I would call the Mass Enviromental Police and find out for sure. 1-800-632-6075

Back
Top Bottom