• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police Officers Firearm, New York Post

Enzo

NES Member
I saw this article in the New York Post today and what caught my eye was the photo of the handgun and the holster that the officer from Nassau County Sheriff’s Office was using.
Appears to be a Beretta and the holster doesn’t look like it covers the trigger guard.…
Would this be a standard issue?

I saw this article in the New York Post today and what caught my eye was the photo of the handgun and the holster that the officer from Nassau County Sheriff’s Office was using.
Appears to be a Beretta and the holster doesn’t look like it covers the trigger guard.…
A deputy doing an eviction probably isn't a road deputy (the guys actually patrolling), he's probably from the civil for hire side. Not unusual for them to provide their own equipment. Kind of like constibles or civil process deputies in MA.

Fobus Lmao 🤣

It's not a duty belt, just a regular leather belt, he's got suspenders under his vest holding his pants up, and that is a trash holster. He's a Dwight Schrute Volunteer Deputy or something like that. Or else that department has a "casual tactical" uniform option.

A deputy doing an eviction probably isn't a road deputy (the guys actually patrolling), he's probably from the civil for hire side. Not unusual for them to provide their own equipment. Kind of like constibles or civil process deputies in MA.
The Nassau Couty Police uses their own Deputys assigned to the Civil Enforcement Bureau. They probably do the enforcement actions on a overtime or detail basis due to the numbers involved.

Lot
The Nassau Couty Police uses their own Deputys assigned to the Civil Enforcement Bureau. They probably do the enforcement actions on a overtime or detail basis due to the numbers involved.
Lots of variation in sheriff's offices across the country. In MA there is a separate civil process division, they are strictly civil and are paid by the person who wants their services. But even the regular deputies don't engage in traditional LE activities, they just handle prisoner transports. On the other hand in NH all deputies are one group and they do both traditional LE and civil, there are many towns which only, or partially, use deputies for their LE, and prisoner transport is handled by the DOC.

In general, where there is separate civil and LE, the civil guys tend to have to by their own stuff, so you get a lot of variation and personal preference.

I like it INOX. Could be 40 also.

Back
Top Bottom