posting same item with different prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what happens if a member post to the classifieds the same item two time with different prices. the second ad posted was more expensive than the first ad posted. what action do you take. do you just reply to the lower priced ad if you are interested in this item. do you avoid this seller. what is your course of action?

I'd start a thread to see what everyone else thought, for validation, then I'd inevitably tell the seller I'll take it and just use the lower of the two posted prices in my PM.

im not saying its wrong. you can try to sell an item at whatever price you want. my question is if you see the seller posted the same item two times with different prices what ad would you reply to? why not just edit your ad if you decide to raise your price or lower your price instead of reposting a new ad.
There's nothing wrong with a seller changing the price on his/her ad.

One of the price might be green member price? Normally, seller preferred to sell to green member so they offered a discounted price.

And you won't be able to reply to either thread, so just send a PM and pick your price. If the seller isn't going to honor their lower price then skip 'em.

Sometimes, nice people like to give members a small discount and will do two WTS posts, one in general classifieds and one in the members section. Which ever one sells first wins.

I would post I will take on both of them,and see which one he will sell you.[banghead]

If you see dupe ads in the classifieds, please report the old one so that we can delete it. (Also if people are posting dupe ads to get around the bump limit we want to know.)

It's pretty common for people to post the same ad in the open classifieds and the member classifieds. That's OK. Posting the same ad in one place is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom