• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pre Ban AR15 lowers

I thought about selling the 4 digit preban here but decided there was to much outright rudeness here so I sold it to a Ma. FFL dealer. And some of you are/were right. They go for $1,000.00
My thanks to all (most of you) that were kind enough to help with useful info.
Maybe visiting your local FFL will turn this piece up. If so, you'll know where it came from.
I was really surprised by some of the snarky & outright rude comments/insinuations made by some of the members here. Such a shame... :(

Dan
View attachment 836150View attachment 836151View attachment 836153View attachment 836154

Most posters here are not in the target demo of a preban lower. That's mostly post-2013 new gun owner rube / pant shitting territory. Hopefully you profited well. (Unlike others here, i don't care if rubes get hosed, it keeps their resources away from the good stuff. )

I’ll make out a receipt
This thread is proof that the lower in question was NOT in state prior to 1994, so it is in fact NOT a legal pre ban lower receiver in the state of MA.

When it eventually pops up for sale here, there should be a disclaimer lol

OP should also feel ashamed for selling something on here without being a paying member. The likelihood of a dealer contacting him through this website via his WTS ad disguised as a thread is kinda high :)

Like the above post. So much wrong info on pre-post ban awb firearms being thrown around. Even on here.
The newbee may be better off just avoiding them altogether and buy a currently produced firearm with zero restrictions.

This comes down to just another person to cheap to pony up the $20 to post in the classifieds. They are all the same. Start some stupid thread about how they don't know what something is worth or what not, while hoping someone PMs them to buy it off them. Ridiculous. If they posted in the classifieds, they probably could've doubled whatever the dealer gave them for those shitbag eagle arms lowers. You know it was a dealer like the gun parlor or the likes.

I'm on the west coast in Wa. State and have a question for the east coast people. I was told by some members out here in Wa, a Pre-Ban AR15 (apparently means something on the east coast?) stripped lower in my state is only worth the cost of a stripped lower, around $40 ~ $80, whereas the same Pre-Ban stripped lower is worth a lot more on the east coast. When I say a lot more, some people were implying one was worth $800+ on the east coast.
I searched for pre-ban info on the site but haven't located any info that answers my question. I hope my query isn't violating any rules. If so, please delete it.

Is this true about the Pre-Bans costs or are people here in Wa. blowing smoke up my backside? If true, how does anyone afford to buy/build an AR in the East?

Dan
All depends on what it's worth to the person selling it. I bought PB lower for $250 back in 2014. I can probably can get 4x for it now.

I’ll make out a receipt
You can, in fact, get a type of receipt from Colt Archives with details of their pre-bans (date of manufacture, barrel length, dealer shipped to, date of shipment, number of units in lot, etc.).

I do not know of a fool-proof method to prove that the rifle was in state of MA before 1994.

This thread is proof that the lower in question was NOT in state prior to 1994, so it is in fact NOT a legal pre ban lower receiver in the state of MA.

I do not know of a fool-proof method to prove that the rifle was in state of MA before 1994.

There is no stipulation that a pre-ban weapon had to be in MA prior to 1994.

MGL only stipulates “Section 131M. No person shall sell, offer for sale, transfer or possess an assault weapon or a large capacity feeding device that was not otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994

It makes no mention of where it was lawfully possessed, just that it was.

The “in state prior to” thing is for complete off-roster pistols/“firearms”.

Last edited:
I'm on the west coast in Wa. State and have a question for the east coast people. I was told by some members out here in Wa, a Pre-Ban AR15 (apparently means something on the east coast?) stripped lower in my state is only worth the cost of a stripped lower, around $40 ~ $80, whereas the same Pre-Ban stripped lower is worth a lot more on the east coast. When I say a lot more, some people were implying one was worth $800+ on the east coast.
I searched for pre-ban info on the site but haven't located any info that answers my question. I hope my query isn't violating any rules. If so, please delete it.

Is this true about the Pre-Bans costs or are people here in Wa. blowing smoke up my backside? If true, how does anyone afford to buy/build an AR in the East?

Dan

prosecuting intensifies

This comes down to just another person to cheap to pony up the $20 to post in the classifieds. They are all the same. Start some stupid thread about how they don't know what something is worth or what not, while hoping someone PMs them to buy it off them. Ridiculous. If they posted in the classifieds, they probably could've doubled whatever the dealer gave them for those shitbag eagle arms lowers. You know it was a dealer like the gun parlor or the likes.
Yup, there are cheap people like me... I have a pre-94 lower...And It means nothing now after 6/6/2023 in CT... why would I pay $24 for membership and then not guarentee my classified gets bidders/buyers.

I only started looking at this forum because I used to live in mass, and heard about your state trying to push a awb like ours in CT.

Hopefully you guys will succeeded where we failed...keep up with the good fight guys.

Back
Top Bottom