Preferred sights for IPDA/IPSC- M&P, etc.

Well I'm starting to question the viability of my stock sights on many of my handguns- first and foremost my M&Ps. I really like Cross-X's configuration of Dawson flat black rear (.140" notch) with red fiber front (.100" with .040" fiber). I'm not really liking my S&W 1911 (black and black) either. Seems like anything other than some kind of "dot" on the front sight is a big distraction to me lately. The stock M&P sights are completely annoying to me (an not as functional as one would want on a gun like this IMHO). I'm going to be getting a set up on my M&P just like Cross-X's soon. What do you guys like? Why? I'm not interested in any kind of scopes or night sights.

Thanks for input.

I have had the Dawson combo for some time and like them. For IDPA, I would want Tritium at least on the front for the low light//No flashlight allowed stages. Until you shoot one in the meat locker at S&W you will not realize the value of those sights.

Edit to add, when I first got my M&P I used flat black model paint to black out the three dots as I really do not like dot sights either.

Back
Top Bottom