• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Preferred weapons light on a long gun/shotgun

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I have a home defense shotgun that has a M-Lok mount on it that I'm going to use to install a flashlight. Been looking at a lot of different options but think I'm going to install a Picatinny rail using the M-Lok mount and then use a low profile flashlight mount. Not sure what flashlight to use yet at this point but figure it'll be something with a pressure switch for quick on/off use.

Just wondering for those that have mounted flashlights to their long guns/shotguns what mount did you use and what light did you install?

Thanks

all my lights are olights as they all use same magnetic charger connector. they have a good lineup of products to choose from. baldrs.

It depends

I have a streamlight i really like on my stribog but i didn't like it on my short danny defense my fingers wrapped and get cut up

On my short ars i like cheap defentac lights they fit better

On my long ars i have a couple high end lights with clamps but no pressure plates

Its like everything else try it see what you find comfy for your grip and hand sizes

I use Surefire lights on my rifles with the integrated switch mounted on the VFG and Streamlight lights on my pistols because they are cheaper, lighter and more compact than Surefire pistol lights. Overall Surefire lights are tanks and I don't mind the larger size on a rifle.

I have a home defense shotgun that has a M-Lok mount on it that I'm going to use to install a flashlight. Been looking at a lot of different options but think I'm going to install a Picatinny rail using the M-Lok mount and then use a low profile flashlight mount. Not sure what flashlight to use yet at this point but figure it'll be something with a pressure switch for quick on/off use.

Just wondering for those that have mounted flashlights to their long guns/shotguns what mount did you use and what light did you install?

Thanks
Surefire dual fuel scout.

If you want Gucci then Cloud Defensive Rein 3.0 which comes with a remote switch and mlok mount at around $300+. It's known for good throw and spill and highest amount of output before stepping down.

There's also the SureFire M640DFT or M340DFT at $300 without a switch. Switch and tailcap will set you back another $150 or so. These have the best throw but little spill.

I have this on my home defense mossberg 590, however this is an entire foreend. I wanted something minimalist, functional, and with a strobe function.

I like it personally, but haven't experienced much else to compare it to.

I ride a desk...pic rail earns the cheesegrater moniker for a reason. If you can get something that's native mlok, you'll probably be happier.

Nice! How do you like the pressure switches?
I like them.

The units have a momentary pressure pad and a click on/off button.

Some say that the cable is a snag hazard, but that hasn't been a problem for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom