Primer Availability outside U.S.

bob999

NES Member
Been doing a bunch of search engine searches for reloading components. I'm noticing that Canadian and Australian sellers are stocking and selling primers that are almost completely unavailable in the U.S. Haven't noticed if this has always been the case? or is it that they haven't depleted their current supplies? Is this a sign that things are easing up a bit?

Its a sign that they have strict, complex licensing that restricts gun ownership.

There's thousands of £50-200 shotguns in the UK. Why? Because people who pay through the nose to have all sorts of licenses and storage requirements don't want cheap guns. There isn't the demand for an every man's gun because every man can't own a gun.

Gun ownership isn't as common in foreign countries. So, there's less demand and less panic buying. They also don't have the same political issues we do, that is, Biden et al.

To say that US gun owners (and there's a lot) are buying literally anything right now is an understatement.

Been doing a bunch of search engine searches for reloading components. I'm noticing that Canadian and Australian sellers are stocking and selling primers that are almost completely unavailable in the U.S. Haven't noticed if this has always been the case? or is it that they haven't depleted their current supplies? Is this a sign that things are easing up a bit?

We have over a 1/3 of a billion guns in this country, more guns than people. I don't think any other country comes even close to that so that's one big reason primers are scarce here.

...that an the current political climate threatening the gun lobby they better play ball and dance like a puppet and restrict the consumer market if they want to keep winning those big government contracts...

[tinfoil]

Back
Top Bottom