• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Proctor, VT Appleseeds, Apr 26/27 & Sep 27/28

Range: Proctor Fish and Game Club, Proctor, VT

Address: VT Route 3, Proctor, VT

Range Fee: $5

When: April 26-27, Sept 27-28, 2008

Camping Available: Yes, Primitive. Cost is free. There will be portolets on site. Several local campgrounds also.

Hotels: Yes, numerous, check Rutland, VT and Brandon, VT listings

Directions: Coming soon

State Laws to be aware of: (Disclaimer: we attempt to tell you the most important ones, mag size etc. but you are required to check for yourself) No silencers are allowed in VT. Loaded rifles and shotguns are not allowed in vehicles.

Range Rules: No loaded firearms on the range unless on the firing line and load command has been given. Numerous other rules, TBA in the Safety Briefing.

Misc: 25 meter only event

Who to contact for more information: Nickle, Crak or Dwarven1 at this forum or e-mail [email protected] or click on the links in my signature.

Links to Register:

April 26-27 http://www.eventbrite.com/event/81469678

Sept 27-28 http://www.eventbrite.com/event/95537756

From Fred himself:
If you like the ambiance of an old gun range in New England, you'll like this place. "Just full of the charm of New England...", as the guide books say.

A great summer location, as cooler than the rest of the nation, even if the locals look on temps in the high seventies as "sweltering".

When I was there, there was no long range component. Not to worry, it simply allowed us to hammer in marksmanship even harder - who needs all that long range stuff, anyways - any RWVA instructor will tell you, "the full-distance AQT is easier than the one at 25 meters".

It also allows .22 rimfire to be the "rifle of the weekend". At one point when I was there, every one of the thrifty yankees on the line was using a .22!

So, bring the .22. For one thing, with ammo issues aside, you'll be firing a lot more rounds than at a standard Appleseed, including doing some rapid-fire - standing! Yikes! I don't know why we don't make ALL Appleseeds, ".22 only".

You'll need at least a brick (500 rds) of .22, an open mind to learning, and plenty of capacity for having a good time.

If traveling into the area, leave time for a quick trip to nearby Lexington and Concord. Bring an empty bottle, and take home "some water that has just flowed under the North Bridge" to ooh and aah your friends with.

Last edited:
ShorteyGirley and I are 90% in for this shoot.

Anyone else going??? How does the sign up sheet look???

And Nickle, per our earlier conversation, can I borrow the scoped 10/22 for this shoot? $20 says I make Rifleman first try!

ShorteyGirley and I are 90% in for this shoot.

Anyone else going??? How does the sign up sheet look???

And Nickle, per our earlier conversation, can I borrow the scoped 10/22 for this shoot? $20 says I make Rifleman first try!

Like I said over at the Project Appleseed Forum:

Yeah, but which one? The long barreled one (Wal-Mart special) with the Weaver V8, or the nickle plated (stainless really), laminated pimp gun (10/22 International)?

$20 bet? I can do that.

So far, 9 pre-registered. The 2 of you will make it 11.

Last edited:
Wait a second, there is an official "I can make rifleman first try" procedure.

It's called the texas challenge. [smile]

Hey there, gents.
What're directions like to the Proctor site? I haven't been there yet and really hate to be late.

I had asked for directions on the RWVA forum and received this;

Physical address of the range is:
2337 VT Rt. 3
Proctor, VT 05765
It is about 1 mile north of Proctor village on the east side of Rt.3. I will have signs up at the junction of Rt.3 & US Rt.4A (Business Rt.4) in Rutland, and at the junction of Rt.3 & US Rt. 7 in Pittsford. You can use Google to get to either of those spots & the signs will guide you from there.

Best bet is to plug the address into Google Maps.

If anyone will be camping, there is a large open space as you pull in, set up along the treeline.

See you there.

I'll be there bright and early Sat AM.

I have to drop Cheryl off to work a gunshow with my father both days, and I should be at Proctor somewhere around 7 AM.

The range is across from a Soccer field so, be looking for that.

If all else fails, ask for directions at the Mobil station at the intersection of US 7 and VT 3.

Back
Top Bottom