Property In Maine

The wife and I decided to look for some property in Maine... I was wondering if anyone could help us... I have been doing some research online but we haven't really found what we are looking for.
1. minimum of 5 acres, where shooting on the property is allowed
2. We'd like to have some water on the property for fishing etc.
3. We want power and most ideal situation a well.
4. A cabin or house , nothing big.. 2 beds is fine.
5. cost around 60 K max. We're looking to pay it fully in cash or like 80 % of it

something like that you're probably going to have to look pretty far north if you don't want neighbors close by. think 3 or more hours travel time (depending on where you start of course). we found some land years ago in uncle henry's. not the same specs as what you're looking for but we paid nowhere near 60k either.

right now i'm probably only thinking about land. and then just build the rest later, but it's so hard to find anything decent especially since they post half info online

don't just look online. pick up an uncle henry's or bargain hunter or whatever buy/sell/swap magazines are sold in an area you might be interested in. you won't necessarily get more info on individual listings but you might get more listings overall.

Lancecolonel is right. To get a piece of property with enough land so you don't piss off your neighbors, you'll probably have to go pretty far north. Also at 60K max budget its going to be pretty hard to find 5+ acres with a pond or river on the property, plus power. You might want to check out Zillow. Easy to find property closer to what you're looking for on there when you adjust acreage and price filters at the top.

www.lakesproperties.com is a site I use from time to time to see what is available. Maine is a big state so using the search features such as by county will help narrow down where you want to look.

We have a couple of properties we like with 15+ acres for 30-35 K with some sort of water. We are thinking about a travel trailer so we don't need anything on it..

We have a couple of properties we like with 15+ acres for 30-35 K with some sort of water. We are thinking about a travel trailer so we don't need anything on it..

I friend of mine does this. Trailers up a camper, uses a generator etc..

Back
Top Bottom