• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PRS Rimfire matches at Monument Beach begin this year

I am interested in getting into this. Would you guys mind sharing what you have for setups. I'm thinking a ruger prs would be a good entry level gun? But I'm a little lost on scope and rings

For rifles, yes Ruger precision would be ok to begin, also consider a CZ, Bergara makes a nice rifle also.

Scopes, I would go with a first focal plane. Typically something in the power range of 6-24 with a 50 or 56 mm objective but it is not necessary, you can get by with less.
Vortex Strike Eagle maybe, there are many others but you should get it in Mils not MOA, it is just easier. For rings, a good decent set, spend about $100 or more. MDT makes decent rings.

I started with a Bergara and a Strike Eagle
Now I have a Vudoo
Maybe others will offer suggestions too. There is a lot of info out there.

I am interested in getting into this. Would you guys mind sharing what you have for setups. I'm thinking a ruger prs would be a good entry level gun? But I'm a little lost on scope and rings
I’ve got another gun I’m building up. It would be production class. I’ll have it zerod by Friday. If youre in the Braintree or Harvard area, you’re welcome to give give them a toss. One is a tikka t1x, the other a cz 457 varmint. Both with Arken glass.

I’ve got another gun I’m building up. It would be production class. I’ll have it zerod by Friday. If youre in the Braintree or Harvard area, you’re welcome to give give them a toss. One is a tikka t1x, the other a cz 457 varmint. Both with Arken glass.
Thank you for the kind offer but I don't live close to there

great match, creative (possibly sadistic) shooting props. Looking at you yoga ball in a trash can.
Had 3 very rough stages but managed to finish with no goose eggs. Just barely.

Fun squad as well. I don’t think it can be overstated just how awesome the shooting community is. Hats off to you new england

Thanks for your support Roger, hopefully I can squad with you next match. Glad you thought it was a challenge, targets were a bit on the large size for some. I think once you get used to building a position, then the props won’t appear so sadistic, but I like your description 😁

Thank you to the dozen people who came out and made it to the match today, I think it went fairly well considering the range layout of the berms and such. Hopefully more attendance next month.

Attachments

• IMG_4753.jpeg
    IMG_4753.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Would love to try this but just don't have the mobility to be climbing on rooftop props and such anymore. Getting old sucks.
I hear you, that is why I go as much as I can at 63 not sure how much longer my joints can do it.
No rooftop on this match, I try to keep positions up high enough so as not to be terribly difficult but this match has a few targets with prone position. I know it is hard getting back up from down there. I could make alternative accommodations like NRL does as long as you are not going for points or PRS. It is not bench rest but we could allow some liberties like set a table up. If you can kneel, you might be able to get most of it off in a minute 45 seconds. I am hoping more club members will give it a try as well.

I hear you, that is why I go as much as I can at 63 not sure how much longer my joints can do it.
No rooftop on this match, I try to keep positions up high enough so as not to be terribly difficult but this match has a few targets with prone position. I know it is hard getting back up from down there. I could make alternative accommodations like NRL does as long as you are not going for points or PRS. It is not bench rest but we could allow some liberties like set a table up. If you can kneel, you might be able to get most of it off in a minute 45 seconds. I am hoping more club members will give it a try as well.
That actually sounds somewhat promising and possibly within my abilities. .I'm just off cape and have all the right gear. I wouldn't be looking to save points, only to shoot for giggles. Maybe I'll come down and watch a match and get the details on course of fire, distances etc. I've been meaning to get down to one of Mbeach's egg shoots anyway.

Back
Top Bottom