Public hearing in Boston regarding "illegal guns" in homes

Hello,
If you're interested in watching Det. Sgt. Ray Mosher, the distinguished licensing officer in Boston, declare the new law would add some teeth to the laws on the books already, tune in.
http://www.boston.com/partners/worldnow/necn

Councilor Flaherty doesn't mention where all these potential new arrests are going to spend their jail time. Right now, convicted criminals are let off the hook because there's no room for them in the Inn.
Nobody mentions that the perpetrator of the crime in the incident that spurred this new idea should have been in jail already for possession without a license.
But I think they feel good about trying to address the violence in the the city by making new laws about what you can or cannot have in your home.
Best Regards.

http://www.boston.com/partners/worl...true&activePane=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepage

Last edited:
Someone with some time could completely destroy every part of this proposed law if they were to show up with some data...

Well, at least Mumbles was given a chance to weigh in on this issue. For those who missed it, I've provided a transcript:

Mayor Menino: "Yufleck corlflarg, splurf gluerkdchulrb. Plufff, glarb fargenblurt."

Well, at least Mumbles was given a chance to weigh in on this issue. For those who missed it, I've provided a transcript:

Mayor Menino: "Yufleck corlflarg, splurf gluerkdchulrb. Plufff, glarb fargenblurt."

And they'll all sit there an nod as if some profound truth had been revealed as he says this, white all the facts that you might offer will go right over their head as if you'd whispered in Aramaic.

See the previous advice about porcine singing lessons.

Ken

the distinguished licensing officer

Rules for earning the Distinguished Licensing Officer badge, awarded by the citizens for nepotism and inefficient government.

• You must be in the top ten percent of department suck ups that are related to someone in high places
  • Be a back slapping yes man at least four times a quarter
  • Exhibit the good sense to know when the politically connected should not have to go through the hassle we make all the rest of the riff-raff go through
  • Must not laugh or break a smirk when your brother-in-law/supervisor/connected relative that got you the job, reads aloud the title of your new hack job

Honestly, where do they come up with this stuff?

B

"You know, five... ten... blast off."

Someone with some time could completely destroy every part of this proposed law if they were to show up with some data...

I think you vastly over estimate the intellectual prowess in our legislature...

"data? wasn't that a character on a tv show? oh yeah sure bring him in!! Anyone have a camera?"

Back
Top Bottom