Purpose of social groups

m44

What is the purpose of social groups, I mean there is a hunting social group and a fishing social group. But there is also a fishing and hunting forum, also a milsurp social group but there is also a milsurp forum. what is the purpose of social groups when you already have a forum about that subject.

Also some social groups are invite only, some are you sign up.

Well I started the fishing group to try and get people to get together and go fishing.

As far as the invite only thing I couldn't tell you, maybe on a huge forum it has its benefits but here on NES I am not sure why people do it.

Well I started the fishing group to try and get people to get together and go fishing.

As far as the invite only thing I couldn't tell you, maybe on a huge forum it has its benefits but here on NES I am not sure why people do it.

Some groups are invite only because the topics being discussed my not be recommended for an open forum. Adds a layer of security.

Some groups are invite only because the topics being discussed my not be recommended for an open forum. Adds a layer of security.

Exactly. I don't think any of the invite only groups are trying to be elitist. They're just trying to keep the folks who have access to those who at least somebody knows, so as to potentially allow more private conversations.

Now I understand, thanks guys.

Its just I was looking at joining some social groups and the one I really wanted to join was a invite only.

Back
Top Bottom