QSL images Warning pic heavy

Tele Marks thread got me searching in boxes of cards I have got. I need to make it to my attic to find my older. I got sidetracked looking at some really cool cards so I thought I would post some of them here.

There was no driver support for my old flatbed scanner when I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, so I'm going to have toi wait to get a new one to participate here, and I have boxes of old QSL's going back 30+ years.

There was no driver support for my old flatbed scanner when I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, so I'm going to have toi wait to get a new one to participate here, and I have boxes of old QSL's going back 30+ years.

Why can't you run it under compatibility mode of XP 32 bit? That's what I did with my AV software, it wasn't supported under 64 bit, so I'm running it under XP SP2 32 bit...and it's working fine.

I know...I'm going to have to study my ARRL books more so I can get my General....get a radio, and then get me some cards!

The General test is not difficult. You'll have no trouble passing.
Take a few practice exams online. FWIW I'm taking my son to the exam session in Danvers on Saturday 2/27

Just got the new scanner going.

This one's also from the Small World Dept. Going through my box, this one sounded familiar, so I checked my log on HRD. Turns out I worked him on 40m CW on 7/16/09, in a "Sprint" of a club I belong to that's devoted to QRP and CW -- the NAQCC. John is one of the founding members. So, I just sent him my QSL telling him about this. Note -- the QSL shows my "old" call, before I changed back to my "real old" call as a vanity.

k4bai.jpg

Here's some of mine spanning about 30 years.

4k1a%20front.jpg

4k1a%20back.jpg

4z4ab.jpg

5b4sa.jpg

df7rx.jpg

ea3mm.jpg

gi0ldi.jpg

jr1aca.jpg

jy3zh.jpg

m0rse.jpg

sv3aqr.jpg

V31BB was a well known character on the bands, and he was infamous for some classic comments. He fried himself in the 90's working on his amplifier on which je defeated the safety interlocks. Here's some clips of him on the air: http://www.papays.com/audio.html

And the best clip of 'em all. [smile] http://www.papays.com/v31pile.wav
v31bb.jpg

vk3aka.jpg

vk3ard.jpg

vp2exx.jpg

w0aa.jpg

w0vph.jpg

w5rrr.jpg

wb0wkw.jpg

wb2jkj.jpg

wb9ulc.jpg

yo2bm.jpg

I worked N1EDM aboard this P3 Orion "Aeronautical Mobile"on 10 meters in 1991:

n1edm.jpg

Last edited:
This was a message I received from Germany on the once prolific VHF packet radio network. The bridge to Europe was most likely via HF packet or perhaps amateur TCP/IP , but it didn't involve the internet at all at that time -- it was totally over ham radio. The translation was done by my father.

packet%20message.jpg

People still do paper QSL's like the old days, but I seldom send them out. I've really taken to the new electronic confirmations like eQSL and ARRL's Logbook of the World. Paper is just too expensive these days, even with the QSL bureaus.

Nice cards! I send them out direct if it is one I need or if I get one direct. Otherwise I answer via the bureau. Eqsl is nice and quick but there is something cool about getting a sase back with cool stamps and a new card.

Back
Top Bottom