Question for all you S&W fans out there

pj150

NES Member
Yeah, I can search a bit on web and the S&W forums but you guys have so much knowledge, why not tap into it?

So, my query into the S&W goes like this--> I saw a few nickle revolvers that really took my attention. I mean wow, were they nice. Especially with the stag grips. I'd like to one day get one for myself. Does anyone know what model number if any came in a 357cal, 3" bbl with a full ejector shroud?

The ones I have seen so far are all 38 spl with 4" or snub.

I saw a few nickle revolvers that really took my attention. I mean wow, were they nice. Especially with the stag grips. I'd like to one day get one for myself. Does anyone know what model number if any came in a 357cal, 3" bbl with a full ejector shroud?

Just off the top of my head I can't think of a nickle 3" .357 with a full ejector shroud. But I did have a Model 66 3" SS in which, IIRC the ejector shroud was almost full-length. And the Model 686 did have the full length shroud on all barrels. Some special runs (such as some of the PC guns) may have come with this feature also.

This question might be answered better on the Smith & Wesson forum:

http://www.smith-wessonforum.com/

Model 13 had a 3 inch nickle and is the only one I know of chambered in 357. .The Model 29 in 44mag also had a 3 inch nickle with a full shrouded ejector rod.

You can get a revolver chromed by Ford Refinishing they do great work.

I'm sending them a 4 inch N frame to do.

Last edited:
Model 13, 19, 27, 28 65, 66, 520, 581, 586, 681, 686, 686+ were
all chambered in .357. I think that the model 19 might be the one
that you could find in a 3" nickel finish. I am just guessing.

TBP

a full ejector shroud?

I wonder if I misunderstood you? Did you mean an ejector rod shroud that just covers the ejector rod or one that went all the way to the end of the barrel?

"I wonder if I misunderstood you? Did you mean an ejector rod shroud that just covers the ejector rod or one that went all the way to the end of the barrel?"

Just covering the ejector rod.

I did check out the smith and wesson forums. The splash page has an amazing example of what I am talking about.

Back
Top Bottom