Quick question - FTF in NH

Having documentation that a firearm left your possession and knowing who it went to next could come in handy if later on, it's stolen/misplaced/etc and used for nefarious purposes. At least you can provide proof that you sold it to someone else and the timeframe that happened. Anything that helps make the boys in blue go away is a good thing.

I generally ask to see a NH pistol permit and an ID. I don't take anything down though.

A really simple bill of sale is probably not a bad idea.

I knew about the license requirement if I don't know them.

I knew this and should have been more clear. Good info.

Keep in mind that others reading this may not know that little tidbit. Sometimes we take stuff for granted but since it's an open forum others will run with only partial info.

recently sold a AR15, Bill of sale, recorded and shared all DL info and recorded current P&L License # on Bill of Sale

Good mojo if you ask me

And let me tell you , I got PLENTY of guff from people who did not want to abide my sale requirements

recently sold a AR15, Bill of sale, recorded and shared all DL info and recorded current P&L License # on Bill of Sale

Good mojo if you ask me

And let me tell you , I got PLENTY of guff from people who did not want to abide my sale requirements

Recently sold an AR15, too.

Met the guy in a Shaws parking lot. He flashed my his NH DL. Face matched license. No muss, no fuss. 2 min tops.

Good mojo in a free state if you ask me.

Picked up an AR7 from a member here for $40 in Boston Billards parking lot. We spent more time BSing than the actual sale.
No paperwork what so ever.

Malodave

Picked up an AR7 from a member here for $40 in Boston Billards parking lot. We spent more time BSing than the actual sale.
No paperwork what so ever.

Malodave

I've sold to NH residents (Ruger Mk1) too. Knew the person already, so no issue. Exchanged cash for firearm and magazines I had for it.

Dave, did you at least get your balls racked as part of the deal? [laugh]

have never done paperwork, and have only sold one gun to someone I did not know but they showed a valid P&R License so...

that's what I intend to do. just show me the license.show me the MONEY and we are good!

So, if it's a rifle and I don't know them do they need to show me a license?

that's what I intend to do. just show me the license.show me the MONEY and we are good!

So, if it's a rifle and I don't know them do they need to show me a license?

If it is a rifle or shotgun you don't

Let me pose this question though, if you would not want to sell to a PP, seeing a P&L can be a check that the person is not otherwise prohibited

JM2C

Last edited:
It's better to cover your butt.
My buddy sold a gun then it was used in a crime and left . He bought it from dealer.
He got a call from the lpd saying he had to come in since his car was reported in a hit and run etc. As soon as he walked in he saw a ATF agent . He showed them the bill of sale he still had in his car . they said he was free to go after and never heard a thing .

It's better to cover your butt.
My buddy sold a gun then it was used in a crime and left . He bought it from dealer.
He got a call from the lpd saying he had to come in since his car was reported in a hit and run etc. As soon as he walked in he saw a ATF agent . He showed them the bill of sale he still had in his car . they said he was free to go after and never heard a thing .

And if he hadn't had the bill of sale, he'd have...what? Been arrested for a crime that occurred somewhere else? I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

"Sorry. I sold that. Got anything else for me? Thanks, bye."

And if he hadn't had the bill of sale, he'd have...what? Been arrested for a crime that occurred somewhere else? I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

"Sorry. I sold that. Got anything else for me? Thanks, bye."

Well considering he was only at the lpd for 5 mins figure better being there for any longer .

Back
Top Bottom