Range cart choices?

mac1911

NES Member
I do not shoot much XTC but I find watching the guys with range carts that are of the creedmoor style go right up to the line to be very good in size vs lugging stuff to and from behind the line. I'm getting lazier as I get older.
I been poking around and really only seem to find the creed more. The others are more geared towards 3 gun or shotgun shooting where the carts do not go on to the line
Thing is creedmoor deluxe is 500$. I don't see the range carts up for sale used at all on the interweb.
So what are some options that might not be found on the net. I would like a cart that has a rifle holder,space for mat and jacket along with decent storage for mags ammo drinks,and snacks. Right now I just strap everything to a dolly. It works but not very functional on the line.

Forget a dolly you need a dually as in dually pickup.

Go go big or go home.

Kidding of course but I have not seem people bring carts. How far is the distance from the parking lot to the firing line?

Forget a dolly you need a dually as in dually pickup.

Go go big or go home.

Kidding of course but I have not seem people bring carts. How far is the distance from the parking lot to the firing line?

Depending in parking...some ranges it's easy enough to just lug the stuff. Others feels like a couple hundred yards back and forth. Gun,mat,jacket,glove,ammo,food and water. With out a pull cart of some sort. Double or triple trips back to the parking lot and walking off the line doesn't work well if you need/forgot something during the match.

Last edited:
Schneller. Look them up. Expensive but one of the best.

That being said, I don't use my cart in probably half the matches I shoot. I go old school and carry it all in one trip. It can be done, just choose carefully the things you need one the line.

Last edited:

That being said, I don't use my cart in probably half the matches I shoot. I go old school and carry it all in one trip. It can be done, just choose carefully the things you need one the line.

That's what I have been doing. I have a,large bag that fits all my gear. I might just buy a cheap 2wheeled shopping cart to lug that.
I was looking for a option that was not expensive.

That's what I have been doing. I have a,large bag that fits all my gear. I might just buy a cheap 2wheeled shopping cart to lug that.

I sent off a email to schneller mid week. What I don't like is the add ons and the lack of a bag/stool from them. Shipping cost going to 2 or 3 places just adds to the cost.
If I buy one I want it all in one package.

You don't really need most of the accessories. The quick release handle is convenient if you have to fit into a trunk but other than that the utility is somewhat limited.

Used ones come up on the NM forums once in a while.

You don't really need most of the accessories. The quick release handle is convenient if you have to fit into a trunk but other than that the utility is somewhat limited.

Used ones come up on the NM forums once in a while.]

That's where I got mine.

Used ones come up on the NM forums once in a while.
I have found a few things there over the years.

I use a www.Ruggedgear.com cart for rifle matches and sporting clays, different games with a lot of walking between stages or stations so you might not need something like this, but it is great for carrying a lot of stuff. And it folds up

Attachments

• rugged gear.jpg
    rugged gear.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 39
For rifle and 3gun matches, I just modified a three wheel stroller. The commercial carts never seem to have the layout the way I like. My cart is designed to carry what I want, the way I want it.

The only problem with strollers is that they take up a lot of real estate. You are allowed only 6' for your spotting scope, mat, stool, etc..

You guys with the Schnellers, keep them nice. You cant get them anymore, seems the company was sold and the new business plan does not involve shooting carts.
Anyone know if the ray-vin kit that you retrofit a creedmore stool with can support a 200lb guy sitting on it? You know in case i want to do something silly like sit on it when scoring.

You guys with the Schnellers, keep them nice. You cant get them anymore, seems the company was sold and the new business plan does not involve shooting carts.
Anyone know if the ray-vin kit that you retrofit a creedmore stool with can support a 200lb guy sitting on it? You know in case i want to do something silly like sit on it when scoring.

Someone on the national match forums posted a rumor that some other company may have bought the rights to the Schneller patent, so maybe they'll reappear at some point.

I've never used a Ray-Vin myself but they look pretty solid. I suspect it would be fine.

I used the Ray-Vin kit with a creedmore stool, it worked fine for scoring. You should be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom