Ranges with Steel Targets

Hello everyone, this is my first post, and I have recently moved up here from NC.
I am looking for a public range or a gun club, that has some, always fun to shoot, steel targets, like the evil roy style ones , or maybe even a dueling tree.
I'm living in the Boston area, but I really don't mind driving a little, if it means having some fun.
I appreciate any help. Thanks you.

I know of steel shoots in MA, but i dont think a lot of ranges leave them out, they will most likely get stolen.
Get some info on the harvard sportsmen club, they seem to have lot of events.

Ames in Easton has steel targets at their plinking range and 100yd range. Be careful, these things are probably old and dimpled to all hell.

Also, move back to NC ASAP!

I know of steel shoots in MA, but i dont think a lot of ranges leave them out, they will most likely get [STRIKE]stolen[/STRIKE] shot up by A-holes.
Get some info on the harvard sportsmen club, they seem to have lot of events.

Fixed it for you. If you leave it out some idiot will eventually ruin it by shooting it with a rifle round.

Anything other than the two plate racks?

There's 2 plate racks in the action pit along with a silhouette/swinger. There's another plate rack at the 25. There's also the subgun range with a variety of steel silhouettes. And for the non-jacketed ammo/cowboy shooters, there's a ton of steel on the cowboy pits.

PS, the new cover built on the subgun range is beautiful, and super convenient. Harvard is the place to be.

Anything other than the two plate racks?

I am not a member and was shooting as a guest of another member and NES'r. It was on the opposite side of the road from the 200 yd range. It was a small pit with a number of steel targets . . . I wouldn't call it a plate rack. IIRC it wasn't too far away from the Cowboy action ranges (just around the corner and on the same side).

Don't know if that helps any.

I am not a member and was shooting as a guest of another member and NES'r. It was on the opposite side of the road from the 200 yd range. It was a small pit with a number of steel targets . . . I wouldn't call it a plate rack. IIRC it wasn't too far away from the Cowboy action ranges (just around the corner and on the same side).

Don't know if that helps any.

That would be the subgun range.

Wow thanks to everyone for the feedback. I did find a very nice place in Woburn, which is like 10, 20 minutes from home. Probably gonna stop by as soon as the weather gets better. Again Thanks for all the info.

anyplace near Plymouth allow steel targets? I don't care if I have to buy my own and haul them around. AFAIK it's verboten at PR&G.

The best idea is to bring your own. The clubs with the good steel targets usually keep them locked up and only the ROs have the keys... or if they leave them out they get the sh**t kicked out of them by people doing bad things to them.

-Mike

Wow thanks to everyone for the feedback. I did find a very nice place in Woburn, which is like 10, 20 minutes from home. Probably gonna stop by as soon as the weather gets better. Again Thanks for all the info.

Not sure what club you are referring to, but watch out for a lot of the clubs inside 128. Most of them have communist rules of some form or another. Read the rules before you consider joining. I mean that goes for any club, but inside the 128/95 loop things get more strict overall.

-Mike

Not exactly what you're asking about but if you want to shoot steel check out:

Steel Challenge at HSC. They had a great match today and another one July 2nd.

Walls of Steel @ Wallum Lake Rod & Gun Club. They have a big match in the middle of August. I'm bummed that I'm going to miss it. I'm working the IDPA NER the same weekend.

As others have stated most clubs lock up their steel due to a-holes that can't follow rules and ruin it for those who can.

eisenhow and evolved 4g63 covered Harvard pretty well. I think there's steel at the 200/300 yard range also. It was gone during renovations but I think it's back.

I recently had the opportunity to shoot steel (rifle and pistol) and now paper targets just are not the same [thinking]. Harvard seems to be the only place under an hour and north/west (preferred) of boston that has steel out for member use. Is this still true and are there any other clubs you guys recommend that has steel, lets you bring it or anything else that provides feedback. I did just read about the whole clays on the berm @hsc which pretty much what I am referring to in the else category.

Thanks!

Tuesday Night Steel is once a month (May 8th) 400PM, one steel for rifle at 100Yards and one at 200 Yards, in addition to the previously mentioned 2 plate racks that are always available. Easy access from Rt135 or 495. Hopkinton Sportsmen's Association -

There is also the Back Forty range behind the 7yd range at HSC. It just opened up recently.

It has two dueling trees and a plate rack. Lots of fun!

Back
Top Bottom