Reading Rifle and Revolver Website.. down / moved? ( BIG MATCHES There This WEEKEND )

Anyone know if the Reading Rifle ("unofficial") website is down or has been moved?
I typically access it at http://readinghighpower.com/ but that link now brings up an error page.

I know they have thier Service Rifle Championship this Saturday and a LEG this Sunday.
I wanted to check start times.

Reading Rifle is home to many of the Top Service (and Match) rifle shooters in the Northeast.
They also place very high when traveling to the National Championships and other ranges like Butner NC.

The matches this weekend there are definately matches not to be missed.
It would be great to see huge turnouts.

8am Saturday for the state champs, 9am sunday for the EIC. I'll be there for sure. Gotta bring the trophy back from last year...although I have no intention of letting anyone else take it from me ;)

Check this link to see what I mean about the R&R boys putting up serious scores!
http://www.readinghighpower.com/match results 2013/7 13 results.pdf

I believe Jasper had to zero a fresh barrel on his upper for this match which explains his lower than normal offhand score.

Awesome shooting guys!
Can't wait to see the battles this weekend.

I'll definitely be shooting there Saturday but possibly not on Sunday.
Hopefully a huge crowd of non distinguished shooters show up and shoot the LEG on Sunday!

Perfect match to attend in prep for Perry, but I won't be there. I've got a bunch coming over to the barn for a lobster feed. Good luck to all on both days!

Looks like the Reading website is back up and the weather is cooperating for the weekend.
Thunderstorms are supposed to hold off until afternoon tomorrow and Sunday looks awesome.

Pat,
You need to schedule that lobster feed on a non match day so we can all come up.
Let me know next years date and I'll get it in the combined schedule early.

Looks like the Reading website is back up and the weather is cooperating for the weekend.
Thunderstorms are supposed to hold off until afternoon tomorrow and Sunday looks awesome.

Pat,
You need to schedule that lobster feed on a non match day so we can all come up.
Let me know next years date and I'll get it in the combined schedule early.

That might be a big group. A FUN time, no doubt, but a big group. It would be cool to do an end-of-season type get-together like that.

Patiently awaiting results..............

We shot a NMC up in Augusta this morning and it was hot as balls. I imagine it was even less of a picnic down at Reading.

They all melted.
I could not attend. Curious also about turnout / scores.

pretty close. (2) *i think* dropped out from the heat.

unfortunately I didnt take the trophy home again this year (terrible offhand, and got chewed up @ 600...wind was switching 2-3 times while I was on the gun, couldnt keep up with it....first 2 relays had it *much* smoother/calmer

on the upside, my buddy Mike P won the overall, and we're all thrilled for him. hes been chasing this one for a lot of years now (and I only edged him by 1 point last year). 780-19x I think was the score.

turnout was really good for us. 3 full relays

pretty close. (2) *i think* dropped out from the heat.

Only one had to call it quits. The other guy finished up his pit duty but I thought he was going to die.

<---

Really guys, spend a summer in Yuma and then get back to me about how hot it is.

Last edited:
Only one had to call it quits. The other guy finished up his pit duty but I thought he was going to die.

<---

Really guys, spend a summer in Yuma and then get back to me about how hot it is.

I've worked in boiler rooms with Tyvec suits on ,100+, also outside all summer in full work gear, Hard hat included. That is for work.
Weekends are supposed to be fun, an escape from work and all other BS
Amateur sports should be fun, not an endurance test, unless that's what you want from your own personal experience.
I like the shade and semi comfortable conditions, whether shooting, golfing, or any other hobby.
That's just me though [grin]

I've worked in boiler rooms with Tyvec suits on ,100+, also outside all summer in full work gear, Hard hat included. That is for work.
Weekends are supposed to be fun, an escape from work and all other BS
Amateur sports should be fun, not an endurance test, unless that's what you want from your own personal experience.
I like the shade and semi comfortable conditions, whether shooting, golfing, or any other hobby.
That's just me though [grin]

There's always a cold beer waiting in the clubhouse. [wink]

Awesome. Brian was on my station and was shooting great even though we were having some visibility issues on target 3.

I believe he ended with a 477, so he had a great day! The grass at those low end targets was a real PITA. I was on 4 on Saturday and 5 on Sunday and couldn't really see the number boards at 300. Didn't come close to the legs, but did shoot one of my best scores, so I was happy!

I believe he ended with a 477, so he had a great day! The grass at those low end targets was a real PITA. I was on 4 on Saturday and 5 on Sunday and couldn't really see the number boards at 300. Didn't come close to the legs, but did shoot one of my best scores, so I was happy!

He certainly did, had the pleasure of adding up his score.

3 was brutal. i recorded my first miss and during rapids no less. Having to count targets with each shot in order not to cross fire really messed me up and i forgot to focus on my front sight. I had one of my best days off hand with a 91.

Back
Top Bottom